Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I brought a 2008 EX-L with 38K home Yesterday to take its place in the rotation!

I couldn't pass this one up considering the low miles and overall condition.
I drive all over the country for work and wanted something with AWD and some space for tools and parts and with better fuel economy than my V8 Tundra too so here I am.
Just sold an 08 Fit to make room for this one.

So far really liking the car but of course not without a few issues as always it seems.

Just wanted to stop in and identify here.

Ed

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Awesome find! Welcome to the forum. Let's see some pics and what kind of issues do you have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome find! Welcome to the forum. Let's see some pics and what kind of issues do you have?
Thanks for the Welcome.
I tried posting pics from Tapatalk but it said I needed to have 5 posts before I could post any so........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My main thing so far is that the Radio is possessed sort of?
There is a flashing label that says "Push Eject" every time I start the car?
It goes away once I change channels though but it also seems the radio will not switch to CD(no Discs loaded though)or past CD to Aux which I am hoping will work.
I have no use for the CD player anyway but I would like to be able to use the Aux in.

I have thought of installing an aftermarket Radio w/Nav but not right away and I am worried that it will not be as integrated a solution as the factory radio,if it worked of course!

I am also thinking of extending the seat back on the drivers side with an extendmyseat.com bracket but I need Tires more than anything else so I am researching them first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am torm somewhat between Michelin or Triple Treads mainly though I also really like the Revo that I have on the truck and Yokohamas that I have had too.
I do plan to be driving through some heavy snow areas a few times a year too and want to be able to plow through if needed so nothing too tame treadwise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am also looking for advise from anyone who has rigged the 3rd Gen Crv for trailer brakes.
It looks like the factory connector in the rear side panel is for a 4 way flat only so I will need to run separate brake and power lines myself if I want a brake control?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Welcome !! Less than 5K/year ??? That should be a great find for years to come !! I just put Cooper Discoverer SRX's on my '13 so this Winter will tell the tale. They rate high but who knows. Good luck, the pics are great as well. Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts