Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2007 Toyota RAV 4 all wheel drive and a 2008 Honda CRV all wheel drive. RAV is what my wife drives. She absolutely loves it. I drive the CRV and they both are great winter vehicles and get just about the same mile per gal vigures. About 20-21 mixed in towna and 25-26 on the highway with an occasional bit more sometimes witht he CRV to 27-28. The only thing i don't like on the honda is the rear seats are more difficult to fold up and are in the way limiting room. The RAV seats with one lever fold mostly flat and is more room. Of course this is also due to the tire on the RAV being outside on the door and the Honda being under the rear floor. Only bad thing is if you have a load inside then you have to empty it to get to the tire. I do think the CRV rides better and more like a car. She loves the Rav. So both 4 cyl engines are almost identical in size and both deliver about the same performance. Have had the CRV almost a year and 8k miles versus hers with 15k. Would buy both again but sure wish the seat issue was better with the CRV as i use it to hunt and fish and wish the rear seats folded flat. Can't believe how both get through the snow and ice. Side by side they are about even in all things for us. The CRV does shift a lot more going uphills but have gotten used to it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The RAV "flat" floor is partly comprised of the seat backs and center cup holder. Is that a durable surface say for sharp heavy objects to slide across?

The CRV uses the actual cabin floor which seems more durable and although shorter in length, by comparing the distance from arm rest to "floor", looks like it has more vertical space.

Both configurations IMO have practical uses, and I would not call one "better" than the other.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear floor space

I just mention that the Rav seats fold down easier with one hand and out of the way to haul larger items. We hauled a bedroom dresser that would fiit in the rav buy not the Honda because of length. The Honda is a pain to fold the seats and buckle the strap. Both are great cars. If it is strickly passenger travel then either is fine but for my hunting and fishing and such the Rav folds out of the way easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Two words...Switch.

Take the RAV hunting/fishing what ever, however saying that, I can't believe the modest decrease in volume is an issue. I put dead stuff on top etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Switch?

Can't switch. My wife loves her RAV and won't give it up. Wouldn't like me hauling a deer in the back. I do like the Honda as far as highway driving i think it is more like a car and rides a slight bit better on the highway. Too hard for me to put all my hunting stuff in it and take it back out at the end of the day so for now i just put up with the seat issue. Always a trade off when they make a model change and put the tire inside. Would be a pain though if i had a flat with all my stuff inside. Means unloading a loaded car to get to the tire. Only issue i have so what the heck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts