Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owners manual reads #4,695 lbs. Is this wrong? I'm not sure why some members were saying the curb weight is in the 3ks?

·
Registered
272 Posts
The owners manual reads #4,695 lbs. Is this wrong? I'm not sure why some members were saying the curb weight is in the 3ks?
I have no idea what manual you're looking at.

In the manual right in front of me, on page 164 (specifications) at the top left it states the GVW - not the curb weight. Even at that, there are no models listed either in the US or Canada at 4696 lbs. The lightest in the US are 2WD LX, EX and SE models at 4464 lbs. The EXL/Touring 2WD are 4519, as is the LX AWD, the EX and SE AWD is 4564, and the EXL/Touring AWD is 4630. Canadian GVWs are identical - simply listed only in kg rather than pounds. I do not see the curb weight listed anywhere in the manual.

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,636 Posts
Depends on what year of manufacture. The '17 CR-V Touring curb weight is listed as 3397 lbs for the FWD and 3512 lbs for the AWD. They keep making them lighter and lighter to provide more mpg.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just to clarify the 4,695 lbs is the gross vehicle weight. This is base curb weight plus passengers, cargo, dealer or aftermarket installed equipment. See page 636 of the full manual for any clarification.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.