Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the info I got from the dealer when I bought my 2007 CRV claimed it is an EX-L model. I have searched everywhere I can possibly think of on the internet to find out how to tell if my car is a genuine EX-L model and can't seem to find a definite, solid answer. Can anyone help me with this please?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
The L is leather seats. It should also have dual climate controls, subwoofer under the passenger's seat and if I'm not mistaken, a full center console vs. a tray.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
You can learn all this from the brochure. The '07 did not have the dual climate controls as those were not yet available (I think that came out in '08), but it did have the full console. The amp and sub only came with Nav. My EX-L has the full center console and storage bin under passenger seat, and the mid-range stereo. Has heated seats and mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
how to tell if my car is a genuine EX-L model and can't seem to find a definite, solid answer.
Do you have the original window sticker?

If not, maybe go to owners.honda.com, register there and ask them. They'll need the VIN.

Or ask at the local dealer.

Just thought of this: go here and change the drop-downs to your two choices. That site shows that the EX-L's radio has satellite radio capability and the EX's does not.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
exactly what brochure are you talking about?
I'm talking about the official sales brochure for the 2007 CR-V. If you were paying attention, you might notice that I posted (above) a .pdf copy of that brochure, just for you. You can look at it here by opening the file, or you can download it from here to your computer and keep it to view any time you like. Or both. You're welcome! :)

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
In the US, in '07, 3 trim levels existed, or 4 depending on how you look at it. You had the LX base model, EX mid-level trim with cloth seats, and the EX-L at the top. My EX-L has leather seats, heated seats and mirrors, and the full center console, plus the storage bin under the passenger seat but no power driver seat or satellite capability on the mid-level radio. The so-called 4th level was the EX-L with all of the above plus NAV, which included satellite radio, as well as the SD card reader and the 7-speaker 270 watt system (instead of my 160 watts) with sub and no storage bin under the passenger seat (which is where they put the sub). In '08 the mid-level radio in the EX-L became available with the higher watts and sub. The power driver seat also became available in the '08 EX-L. All this information is shown in the charts on the last pages of the brochures.

British CR-V's are all completely different. They got a lot of things that were never made available in the US models. Diesel engines, different gas engines, manual transmissions, folding side mirrors with integrated turn signals, to name a few.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts