Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,254 Posts
That UFO noise is meant to alert pedestrians -- and it does work. There's something about the noise that captures attention. Most look up, some look surprised, a few look annoyed.
Often called the "Robotic Choir". The Brits get a switch to turn it off, us Yanks are stuck with it (Federal Law).
It bothered me at first, now I don't even notice it.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
395 Posts
The battery is NOT intended to drive the car. It can do so for a mile, but that's more gimmick than feature.
Battery Is small so as Beww says its good for a mile in EV mode but it is an excellent reserve of energy to supplement the overall economy and performance. I get great returns on driving mainly fast A roads with the odd Motorway driving stints. Get around 54 miles per imperial gallon in warmer months with 20% hit when colder.

Depends on what your "everyday roads" are I suppose.
AWD costs you mileage, and more in maintenance, possibly more in tires.
I would not have AWD if I didn't drive on snow for half the year.
Also agree with AWD advice. 2WD is sure footed and with cross climate tyres has never let me down in snow or ice. AWD brings its own problems and restrictions so unless you need it I’d stick with 2WD.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
^

2WD is a bit cheaper too.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
Can u elaborate as to what problems does AWD bring?
No "problems" per se, just that you would need to a diff fluid change when the Maintenance Minder notifies the owner.

In laymans terms - more money to spend.

The AWD system, otherwise, is pretty damn good. Nothing to worry about at all....

Reactions: Au175

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
395 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
In laymans terms - more money to spend.
It's very cheap tho. European MM is much more liberal as well. I changed mine 7 years in, and it hadn't pinged me yet.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
It's very cheap tho.
Sadly, not in the UK. Honda's pitiful market share means dealers price work like this higher.

But if you get lucky and have a good rapport with a dealer like I do, then those costs can be whittled down :p :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well, you can change it yourself for free. The fluid itself is cheap enough.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,254 Posts
Can u elaborate as to what problems does AWD bring?
It adds weight, mechanical complexity and additional maintenance requirements, as well as initial cost.
Not a problem if you need it, but not something you want to drag around with you if you don't. It would be like pulling a trailer if you had nothing to put in it. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I’ve got the EX model tomorrow for a test drive. The salesman was confident that it would prevail against Toyota Rav4 and Hyundai Santa Fe. In fact he even said it would even drive as well as the X3 and Q5, that’s when I stopped taking him seriously 😂

·
Registered
44 Posts
So, watch from the 15 minute mark and you'll see and hear how joyful the tester is to be driving the CRV,
. The man is a Korean race car driver. English is his second language. He is amazed that the CRV taller, with a shorter wheel base drives so well

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Interesting video. Not that complimentary about the interior and cvt transmission tho. I don’t quite agree that interior looks 20 years old. The screen is rubbish but the placement is quite nice compared to some cars. I thought the leather on seats is quality, better quality than the leather in my M Sport.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Honda is targeting a demographic. I like the interior. I like curves. It feels organic. The Tucson is targeting a different demo. I know people will regret their everything done on the touchscreen. Finger prints and dust get old fast. The Honda info is not state of the art but it's still better than Lexus. That'll change with the 2022 NX300, though. My days for "edgy" design are over. The take away for me was how he raved about the ride/handling. That's what matters for me. I can attest -- it's an SUV that handles like a smaller sedan. Very surprising and good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
In my mind, if I do like the crv drive after I’ve done the test drive, then my only dilemma is going to be whether to buy it or wait for the nx350, which is out in dealerships in Dec this year. I won’t buy new, so if I did wait for the nx, then I’d essentially be waiting for another 18 months or so.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V 1.5 Turbo
17 Posts
Baseline/entry models probably dont. Depends on the trim (or indeed you may have missed it).

Disagree - I've had the 1.5T in a 2019 Civic and now this 1.5T CR-V. Driven properly/sensibly, I can get 45-50mpg for fun - all without using the useless ECON mode. But driven enthusiastically, I can get 7mpg too :giggle:
I wish I could get that mpg out of mine bud.
I done 2 trips abroad now since new and best I got its 38mpg and that's according to on board computer.
In real life I would imagine it's more 35mpg .
Good going that @TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V 1.5 Turbo
17 Posts
I’ve got the EX model tomorrow for a test drive. The salesman was confident that it would prevail against Toyota Rav4 and Hyundai Santa Fe. In fact he even said it would even drive as well as the X3 and Q5, that’s when I stopped taking him seriously 😂
It's a lovely car but it's no match for X3 or Q5 that's for sure.
Salesman it's talking bollocks 😂

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
In my mind, if I do like the crv drive after I’ve done the test drive, then my only dilemma is going to be whether to buy it or wait for the nx350, which is out in dealerships in Dec this year. I won’t buy new, so if I did wait for the nx, then I’d essentially be waiting for another 18 months or so.
Only issue with Lexus cars is that their values plummet.

It's a lovely car but it's no match for X3 or Q5 that's for sure.
In fairness, those two are pretty ordinary if not outright rubbish. Pathetic specs unless you pay thousands for extra features which are standard on brands like Honda.

Plus, neither are reliable and arent even good enough to last their warranty period without going wrong somewhere. Sure, they may have nice interiors (which I dont think they are, peoples view may vary), but beyond that, they are expensive trashcans that are high on the list for being stolen too.

No thanks.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts