Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V 1.5 Turbo
17 Posts
Only issue with Lexus cars is that their values plummet.

In fairness, those two are pretty ordinary if not outright rubbish. Pathetic specs unless you pay thousands for extra features which are standard on brands like Honda.

Plus, neither are reliable and arent even good enough to last their warranty period without going wrong somewhere. Sure, they may have nice interiors (which I dont think they are, peoples view may vary), but beyond that, they are expensive trashcans that are high on the list for being stolen too.

No thanks.
Ha ha ha don't get me wrong I don't like either and never will buy any of the Krauts cars but to be honest they are "nicer" to sit in and feel more premium to me anyway.
Reliability wise Honda win all day long.

I am Honda man and has been for a long time now,only other car I would consider for replacement is Lexus.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
^

Not doubting you there my friend - I just feel that the "premium" label attached to those car re their interiors is a bit of a stretch.

Yes, laden with pretty "tech" that doesnt work or goes awry....just look at the swathe of MK8 Golf owners whining :LOL:

Reactions: Lazyroofa

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
If I’m keeping long term the plummet in value doesn’t concern me but I take your point.

for me, Bmw is untouchable when it comes to all round drive, interior, brand and road presence. Sure, reliability may not be on par with Honda, but it scores pretty high these days out of all the luxury brands. I agree that there is a price to pay for owning, and it comes down to whether you are prepared to pay that over what sensible things that Honda offers you. You can still pick up a nice M Sport X3 with all the gadgets u need, 12-18 months old, priced at similar level of a new EX. I have seriously considered it but I want a hybrid, and their hybrids are too expensive at this point. Horses for courses as they say.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
Bmw is untouchable when it comes to all round drive, interior, brand and road presence. Sure, reliability may not be on par with Honda, but it scores pretty high these days out of all the luxury brands.
Please dont take this as a dig at you (or anyone else), but these pseudo luxury brands languish closer to the bottom of most reliability charts and, off the top of my head, have never dominated the top where Honda/Lexus/Toyota are for at least 40+ years. So in a round-about way, yes, BMW is untouchable - I wouldnt be seen dead in one or under one!

You can still pick up a nice M Sport X3 with all the gadgets u need, 12-18 months old
As above, when that critter ages, costs go through the roof and German cars are all notorious for iffy electrics. At worst with Honda, its a battery change thats needed.

But on general UK car pricing, coupled with the semiconductor shortages etc, prices have risen across the board. Unless you absolutely want a CR-V Hybrid, you could get still get a 1 or 2 year old top trim EX model with the superb 1.5T engine.

If I had to make that choice today, thats what I would pick - I dont do enough miles any more to care for fuel efficiency and care even less about the environment!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I can only speak from experience, have had my bmw for 8 years, not 1 fault. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

yes I would prefer hybrid version…..prefer the engine, mpg advantage and residual value will be better.

Btw what do u guys think about the aero kit? Look good or naff? I like the front bumper and side skirts but not sure about the spoiler. Don’t want it to look like a pimped out ride.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
yes I would prefer hybrid version…..prefer the engine, mpg advantage and residual value will be better.
Residuals on the 1.5T EX are just fine, ditto Hybrids. Way better than the Lexus NX series/Toyota RAV4.

Btw what do u guys think about the aero kit? Look good or naff? I like the front bumper and side skirts but not sure about the spoiler. Don’t want it to look like a pimped out ride.
I have it on mine. Looks perfect to me.

Its all subtle and not OTT.

I prefer it to the standard car.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
Slightly off topic, how do I take excerpts of quotes from a previous poster?
To quote in full, like here, select the quote button at the bottom.

For partial text, highlight what you want to quote, then hit the quote button and then press
Rectangle Font Brand Electric blue Number
....or however many quotes/excerpts you have selected.

👍

Reactions: Au175

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
Wasn't there an issue with towbar interfering with the bumper trim? Or was it a different model.
Yeh, towbar doesnt appear to be compatible with the Aero Pack.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Finished the test drive, had it for a few hours.

Very impressed. Much more premium than the RAV4. Less road noise, better insulation on doors, nicer thud when u close them, quieter engine smoother drive. The cvt is only realisable when u put foot down but this car is made to cruise which suits my style of driving. The leather on seats is better as well. Liked the HUD. Mixed driving I got 40mpg. Then I did a test just sticking to speed limits on small roads and managed to get high 40s.

The only negative is the infotainment but then Apple CarPlay overrides that. Sound system isn’t great but that’s probably the only gripe. For the price u can’t complain really. A great package all round.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
Much more premium than the RAV4.
Not to diminish the CR-V, but "beating" the RAV4 in any spectre is an easy feat when you realise the Toyota is scraping the barrel to begin with.

The cvt is only realisable when u put foot down
No CVT, even if it feels like it. The Hybrid is a single fixed drive machine :)

A great package all round.
No doubt about that 👌

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
If it’s not cvt, then what exactly is it. Behaves slightly like a cvt but I’m not expert and haven’t driven many cvts before aside from when in the states.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Not to diminish the CR-V, but "beating" the RAV4 in any spectre is an easy feat when you realise the Toyota is scraping the barrel to begin with.
not a fan of Toyota then? They’re killing it on sales tho.
Trying this quote function, hope this works!

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
Lots of info online:

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
not a fan of Toyota then? They’re killing it on sales tho.
No I'm not a fan - and so what if they are killing it in sales? Just means that availability batters residuals. As is evidenced by their weak pricing across their line up.

Their interiors are cheap and nasty - and considering thats where a driver/passenger sits, they are awful. Hard to believe that they own Lexus sometimes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Their interiors are cheap and nasty - and considering thats where a driver/passenger sits, they are awful. Hard to believe that they own Lexus sometimes.
I thought the rav4 screen looked cheap and tacky. The electronic dial cluster was too small. Walked away very underwhelmed and I’m not someone who is very picky. Then again, the car was 6k cheaper as well, so it’s all swings and roundabouts.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
So when are you buying??

:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
So when are you buying??
Fairly soon I would imagine. Couple things I need to sort first and if you have any advice/knowledge it would be appreciated;

1. I am going to be pex my bmw, which I know I could get more for selling private, but I don’t want the hassle. Would I be best off just trading this in, or going through another independent car buying company in order to obtain max value?
2. I have a private plate on the bmw which I would like to keep. I’ve briefly read about unregistering this via dvla and obtaining another standard reg for the bmw. How long does this process take and I guess this all needs to be sorted before I could trade in?
3. I am essentially a cash buyer. I see Honda offers deals and money off if u take Honda Finance. I’m guessing if I paid an element cash and took out a loan (whether that be PCP or HP) with HF, then I can repay this loan immediately after without penalties but still get the benefit of the discount.

Sorry for all the questions.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
1 - No idea what age/model/spec your BMW is. If you are getting a new car, just chop it in.

2 - You can swap the plates instantly online at the dealership. Done it plenty of times myself - although beware, there is a fee either you or the dealer has to pay (retention etc).

3 - Yes you can do that too.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts