Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2019 CRV with Nav. It is a joke. Wrong routes, doesn’t know addresses and actually left us 5 miles off course in a forest....saying we were going off road. Dealer has reloaded software twice...same result. I deliberately took Nav package for my wife who is directionally challenged and we paid a premium.
I asked dealer to get a rebate for a an option that didn’t work and they basically told us it was too bad....and we should use Google or Apple Maps through car play.
Plan is to go to Honda Corp....anyone had similar experience with Nav and how did you resolve?.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have a '18 Touring and it's navigation system works very well, occasionally it does not find a new street in town (new as in just paved).

We are in Real Estate and just last Friday the Navigation could not find a street address, however Apple Maps could not find the street either. Google maps DID locate the address for me.

Nothing is perfect. Always have a map.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've never found factory installed Nav systems to be as good as Google Maps and since Honda now has Apple Carplay it's a no-brainer for me. With factory installed systems they also typically charge several hundred dollars to update the maps every few years.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On my '06 Ridgeline, the NAV on it was grossly outdated, the disc was from 2000, and the streets (especially for on Edwards AFB) were pre-'98. Was always showing my house sitting right in the middle of what use to be 8th St. Even back then, it was $150 for a new disc. Our CR-V doesn't have NAV, but we're perfectly fine using Google Maps, APPLE Maps, or WAZE. The only vehicle that has NAV in it is my '18 Silverado, and even then, I almost never use it; although, when I have used it, it hasn't steered me wrong, YET. Google Maps and Apple Maps have steered me "wrong," sent me the long way a few times, bypassed a few roads that have been around "forever."

As stated above, "nothing is perfect."

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have been using Garmin GPS systems for a long time now. My current Garmin has free lifetime updates to the maps and software. Every few months I bring it into the house, connect it to my computer, and check for updates.

Many years ago I met with a group of other CR-V owners and we did a road trip to Kitty Hawk and then drove along the Outer Banks of North Carolina, USA, and took our CR-Vs on a ferry ride, too. One of the group had been to the Outer Banks before, and showed us the way. It was a bit bizarre watching the screen of the GPS, which showed a little red car icon (my 1st Gen was Milano Red) driving across the ocean. Yeah, the maps in the GPS didn't have that particular bridge, but it still accurately tracked my CR-V driving over the bridge.

That trip is the main reason I regularly check for updates for my GPS.

If you're in the US and your CR-V has a Honda navigation system I'd check this site for map updates:

https://hondanavi.navigation.com/en_US/HondaNA/USD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts