Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my CRV with the hydraulics on the clutch leaking, the clutch disengagement height had been previously fiddled with. I like a low clutch engagement, easier on your knees and easier to feel the engagement point.

The service manual has the engagement point at 34mm/1.5" from the lowest pedal point, that's pretty low and good for me.

Where do people generally run the engagement point on their CRV's?

As far as I can see it I can technically adjust the engagement point to where ever I want just as long as the clutch is completely disengaged when the pedal is pushed in and when released there is some free play on the pedal to ensure the clutch has no pressure applied to it.

There is also the pressure plate diaphragm spring to think of and apparently there is an ideal amount of actuating travel on the clutch lever at the gearbox where the diaphragm spring is overcome and the pedal becomes lighter to hold. Passing before and past the fulcrum point makes the amount of force to hold the spring less or more or something to that effect. I found this "the springs have a break-over point. This means that the clutch pressure will reduce significantly at the point which the springs are over center. When you are stuck at a traffic light, your thigh will thank you."

Here's the service manual page:

crv clutch adjust.JPG

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My clutch is feeling just about perfect now, set to take low/at the factory spec. It's easier and faster/smoother to change gears, used to always be a bit of a fiddle especially from 1st to 2nd now its fine.

If you are unsure if the clutch is completely disengaging when the pedal is pushed to the floor just jack up the front wheels and check that they aren't turning or trying to turn with the vehicle in gear and the clutch pushed to the floor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts