Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After no activity for about 9 days the engine appears to heat up properly but there is no heat in the cabin from the heater.
Any suggestions for diagnostics work to determine reason?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Was anything done before this happened? What year is your V? It could be the cable that goes to the hot water valve or it could be the knob that is bad inside the interior. Let me know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The CR-V was a 2011. Nothing had been done to the vehicle. I had been away and the car was left in my driveway.
I checked in the air filter area for any mouse nests ( that had happened to my wife's CR-v several years ago) but everything was clear.
When the inside of the windshield was foggy the system cleared it away fast so the air passages are clear but no heat.
LXmodel.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I would suggest to check the cable that goes to the firewall that goes to the valve. It could be stuck or the cable has pop off. I was trying to get you a diagram. I will continue to look for it. let me know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure where that cable is, but I'll look. I do have the Honda Service Manual for an earlier model ( 2007-2008).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I performed the diagnostic test on the dashboard heater/AC controls and it leads me to the door that controls the hot/cold air.
I tried to check the fuse in that circuit (I think it was #36 10A under the dashboard) but I couldn't remove the fuse.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
It could be just the fuse that is bad. How does the fuse look like? Is it a regular looking fuse or this is the one that has a window on it? If it has a window on it, you might need to remove some bolts at the end of the fuse to remove it. I can post a link to a diagram.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts