Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hoping to get some advise from those in the know!
I have a 2008 CRV I-CTDI 2.2 UK model.
We have heat issues in that the car won't start after it is warm also unless the error PGM-FI comes up when key is turned it will not start so both come hand in hand, after a 20minute journey or hot day we can not get the engine started until this code lights up.
I have searched for same issue but seen lots in the CRV model before this one and in the accord and civic but can't find much on this model.
I thought about just changing the PGM-FI relay but can not find it, that seems the fix on the model before I have found out but I even rang my local Honda dealer and they said there isn't that relay on this car or a main relay. So bit stumped.
The issue we have is someone smashed into back of car on the road and drove off, the insurance have said they will fix it costing £3200 but the car with 185k miles on is only worth £3500-4K so we don't want to pay loads out on this PGM-FI fault when thinking of getting car repaired through insurance and chopping it in or selling it with said fault as spares. But in mean time we are stuck not being able to restart car on a warm day or a journey over a few miles.
Attached is our under bonnet relay picture out of the Manuel if anyone can help if it is an option to change a relay.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, hoping to get some advise from those in the know!
I have a 2008 CRV I-CTDI 2.2 UK model.
We have heat issues in that the car won't start after it is warm also unless the error PGM-FI comes up when key is turned it will not start so both come hand in hand, after a 20minute journey or hot day we can not get the engine started until this code lights up.
I have searched for same issue but seen lots in the CRV model before this one and in the accord and civic but can't find much on this model.
I thought about just changing the PGM-FI relay but can not find it, that seems the fix on the model before I have found out but I even rang my local Honda dealer and they said there isn't that relay on this car or a main relay. So bit stumped.
The issue we have is someone smashed into back of car on the road and drove off, the insurance have said they will fix it costing £3200 but the car with 185k miles on is only worth £3500-4K so we don't want to pay loads out on this PGM-FI fault when thinking of getting car repaired through insurance and chopping it in or selling it with said fault as spares. But in mean time we are stuck not being able to restart car on a warm day or a journey over a few miles.
Attached is our under bonnet relay picture out of the Manuel if anyone can help if it is an option to change a relay.

Thanks
@Crvissues did you ever find the relay? it appears to still be lost lost in the Bermuda Triangle!
the icdti diesel has a PGM-FI (main) Relay but on the 2007-11 model, it’s been moved, yet the web only shows the petrol model with the relays in the fuse boxes.

I'm hunting for it too!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts