Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a CRV LX AWD in central NJ. I have a question regarding all the fees. Tax is just 7% of the sale price. How about tags? I am new to New Jersey and don't have a plate. How much is all the fee? One of the dealer tell me it is $254 for a new plate, 7.50 tire fee. Is the $254 for 4 yrs registration? I found on NJ DMV website that for vehicle over 3500 lbs, the registration fee is $84/yr. While I am looking through Honda's specification lists CRV LX AWD 3501 lbs. It should be $336 total for 4 yrs. I am a little bit confused here. Anyone who bought a new CRV AWD, could you please tell me how much you paid for the registration?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Welcome To The Club!

We have several members from the great state of New Jersey so hopefully someone can help you. In the meantime welcome to the club and we hope you find a great CR-V. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have several members from the great state of New Jersey so hopefully someone can help you. In the meantime welcome to the club and we hope you find a great CR-V. Good luck!
Thanks, I called NJ DMV and was told the registration is $59/yr.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just paid $9220 out the door for a CRV from a dealer in in Toms River(central by the shore) NJ. The CRV was $8,000 and the tax was $570. That means that title, tags, registration, plates and the fees for the paperwork were. $650. I remember the doc fee at the dealership(paperwork) was $189 so that means registration and plates was around $460.

This is what I paid THIS week so I know it is current. If you buy one from an individual and not a dealer it'll be much less as your sales tax becomes the registration fee. 7% of whatever you paid for it plus I think a $60-80 fee for the plates.

Hope this helps.

edit: Doh, you already found out. Well I was right on at around $60 anyways. But remember that that is ONLY for the plates initially. If you just bought the car or are planning to buy one you still need to worry about the initial registration cost(this is the 7% tax I was talking about if you buy from a private party, a dealer makes you pay actual sales tax plus registration fees). Afterwards yes, the $60 fee is just to keep you registered each year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know if this is too late for you as I see you posted over a month ago. I can only tell you what happened at the dealer I used. I know nothing about private pay. I just signed on my new '08 AWD EX and can confirm that sales tax is 7% of your purchase price less the value of your trade in (7%x(purchase price-trade in value)) and DMV fees (4 years registration) were $354. There was also a minimal tire fee too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if this is too late for you as I see you posted over a month ago. I can only tell you what happened at the dealer I used. I know nothing about private pay. I just signed on my new '08 AWD EX and can confirm that sales tax is 7% of your purchase price less the value of your trade in (7%x(purchase price-trade in value)) and DMV fees (4 years registration) were $354. There was also a minimal tire fee too.
I think your numbers are right, I just transferred my title to NJ last month, dmv charges me $84/yr registration fee. This sounds a little bit better for me, since I could very possible leave NJ in 3 yrs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts