Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this in the hope that someone has had a similar problem and can advise. I was driving in the dark and every time I went onto main beam , in addition to the normal blue warning light for main beam, the ABS and red warning lights next to it flashed momentarily. This happened every time I went onto main beam. Everything else worked normally. When I arrived I switched it off . When I went to start it again shortly afterwards it was completely dead, No lights - nothing, as if the battery had been disconnected. After about a minute I tried again and it was completely normal , everything working again but it had lost the radio code . All visible connections including the main 100amp fuse are clean & tight. The battery is fine and the alternator is charging within limits. As far as I can see from the wiring diagram no single ECU or module controls everything so I am at a loss. Anybody had a similar problem and if so what was the cause? I've had this car for 5 years & it has never missed a beat. Many thanks. Steve

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
First, clean and check the connection battery clamps and battery posts.
Check for a good solid ground from the battery to the frame.
Might also be a bad battery as otto888man suggested.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Batteries/connections have the most curious effects in newer cars. My friend has a 2013 Gen4 diesel CR-V which died all of a sudden in the middle of traffic, steering locked and there was no braking power. She veered off the road into a shallow ditch (no damage). Took it to the dealer, turned out the positive terminal was corroded.

·
Registered
113 Posts
As the headlights draw a fair bit of current ,somewhere in the 10amp region for dipped beam,more for main beam could it be the relay for the head lights.This would confuse the ECU because it would know they were switch on and nothing happened.If not go to 'you tube'put in your fault and with any luck someone will sort you out.It is the best source of knowledge for Honda's.Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts