Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General question.
What is the Honda's philosophy on the CRV not to have any emblem to distinguish between models? Don't they have 6 maybe more if you count 2 wheel drive compared to AWD. EX, EX-L, LX, SE EX-L w/nag and Touring?

I'm sure someone has the answer. Also does anyone have a chart what is include in each model?

Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Good question, for which I never even considered.

I imagined you could go to Honda.com to figure it out.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Go to Honda main website, look at the CR-V LX and read over the list of standard items. Then go to the next model up and it will list the features added or changed from the lower trim line.

As for listing the trim levels, they used to do it on Accords, Civics and a few others. I beleieve they dropped it as they learned a lesson with the Acura Legend. Those cars looked awesome and many would say, "oh, look at that Legend." Not, "oh look at that Acura." Its 1 reason cars from like Mercedes and BMW have used a number system for yrs instead of a model name that is easily remembered. Look at Cadillac, they over the yrs are down to 3 letters for cars models, DTS, CTS, XLR where as before they had Fleetwoods and other with long impressive names. Look at Mercury, they have done the samething as Cadillac. They both figured out Brand recognition is much more important than model recognition.

This leads me back to the CR-V, they dont care if people know what trim level it is, they just want them to know the manufacturer and Model. Plus it saves a lot of money when you remove just 1 emblem off every car produced.

Just something to think over.

Oh and BTW, atleast through the 1st 3 gens they did on the back put something that signified if it was an AWD mode . Not sure about this lastest but I believe they still do.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yes, it seems like Honda likes to keep the different models a mystery. There are some things to look for when trying to determine which model is which.
For example, different models have certain wheels; i.e. steel wheels (LX), alloy wheels (EX/EXL), and then another design of alloy wheels (Touring).
Body paint colored exterior mirrors/door handles and black painted ones. Fog lamps on some. Moon roof on some.
Then, when looking at other model years there are other differences. Position of the red rear reflectors. Position of the back-up lights. Just a few; there are others I'm sure that I don't know.

I wish for a printed guide of all of the CR-V years of production and include the various models within the years to show and tell each of those differences. It would be most interesting for those interested in such trivial facts to have and read and keep as a reference.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Touring......top of the line! Cheers!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I never could understand why some car makers have emblems on the back other than the make. Is it really important to people behind you that you have a LX or GT or AWD or Automatic or whatever?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Maybe they should have emblems for the real important features. Navigation. Blind Spot Monitor. Rear Seat Entertainment. Garage Door Opener. And of course for 2015's: Automatic Vibrator.

:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Years ago, I remember seeing "5-SPEED" emblems on several models that previously had 4-speed manual transmissions. That extra gear was a big thing and manufacturers were proud of it. I remember seeing "4-SPEED AUTOMATIC" on the decklids of many 80s-90s Buicks. Ford used a lot of "OVERDRIVE" emblems when they started using automatic transmissions with an overdrive gear in the 80s. Fuel injection, TURBO, etc. You name it. Some minorities and illegal immigrants buy "FUEL INJECTION" and "TURBO" emblems (along with fake port holes) from the likes of AutoZone to apply to vehicles that have neither. Trim levels don't mean much to most people. On the other hand, every time I see a shiny new Nissan Altima with an "S" on the decklid I can't help but think, "Oh, I see you bought the rental-grade model. How 'thrifty' of you."

·
Registered
548 Posts
I never could understand why some car makers have emblems on the back other than the make. Is it really important to people behind you that you have a LX or GT or AWD or Automatic or whatever?
It used too when friends and other people saw your car and wanted one exactly the same, not necessarily the same color, they knew what to go shopping for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was looking at used CRVs and wasn't sure what model I was looking at for comparisons and pricing considerations. Ye olde apples to apples thing.

Thanks,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts