Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 awd with maneul transmission 200k plus miles
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all . I have a 2000 crv awd and maneul transmission.
Here is the thing my son has loved the car since he was a teenager and I bought new.
I am gifting it to him as a legacy if you will... I don't have much to leave him and I'm sure to him it's no issue.

To me he always tell me so pops the blue magoo still going.. I would gave so moded that out if I had had it.

So what mods can be done besides big tires..any suggestions..would a k an r air intake help.any mods to engine.. interior?

I'm thinking of onboard nav system to start
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow! I love those seat covers and matching floor mats!!!

“mods” could be fixing the ubiquitous rear wheel well rust and changing out all the fluids, adjusting the valves etc 😉

more seriously: a dash cam would be nice. I just ordered a rear view mirror dash cam which I won’t put on the mirror. I’ll mount it on the dash for my wife to use as a backup camera.

I also pulled the door panels off and covered the trim pieces that mount the door handles with lime green vinyl and painted stripes on the hood to match (and the valve cover and intake). I had to drill holes in the door panels and put in bolts to hold those trim pieces on (had to bust them off). If you find some matching blue vinyl it would look killer. Paint the valve cover with high temp paint.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Electrical wiring Gas
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Sky Wheel
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

you could also install a roof rack from the wrecker. Super easy to do.

you could also freshen up the plastic body trim pieces which turn lighter because of wax. Lacquer thinner or similar seems to work well. You could also freshen up the rims (love those stock OEM rims).

what a nice gesture and I hope your son appreciates it and takes good care of it!

·
Registered
1999 CRV Lx
630 Posts
Only mod I've made interms of performance was to remove the inner pipe between the catalityc converter and resonator. I kept the original outer exhaust pipe which is 2" . Yayyy.

I only did it because the previous owner did a crappy job with the CC and there was a very annoying rattle inside the exhaust pipe.

If your paint clear it's still good do a paint correction. It will look like new paint.
Do not use a heat gun to restore the trims. It will make them 10 times worst after a few times.

Ask me how I know. Consequently.....

I sprayed the door trims with automotive paint (I had from another job). the bumpers and rest of plastics are next.
It becomes maintenance free. No more $$ wasted chemicals to make them look nice. Now they are 100% nice all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! I love those seat covers and matching floor mats!!!

“mods” could be fixing the ubiquitous rear wheel well rust and changing out all the fluids, adjusting the valves etc 😉

more seriously: a dash cam would be nice. I just ordered a rear view mirror dash cam which I won’t put on the mirror. I’ll mount it on the dash for my wife to use as a backup camera.

I also pulled the door panels off and covered the trim pieces that mount the door handles with lime green vinyl and painted stripes on the hood to match (and the valve cover and intake). I had to drill holes in the door panels and put in bolts to hold those trim pieces on (had to bust them off). If you find some matching blue vinyl it would look killer. Paint the valve cover with high temp paint.
View attachment 150979 View attachment 150980 View attachment 150981

you could also install a roof rack from the wrecker. Super easy to do.

you could also freshen up the plastic body trim pieces which turn lighter because of wax. Lacquer thinner or similar seems to work well. You could also freshen up the rims (love those stock OEM rims).

what a nice gesture and I hope your son appreciates it and takes good care of it!
Ok loving the stripes I actually was thinking around those lines in my head but seeing it ..dang makes it pop. Seahawks colors..
Love the seahawks.. did you paint that?

·
Registered
2016 EX
53 Posts
Don't know how much time your son has, but any time spent modding your car with your Dad is worth more than anything you can get on eBay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only mod I've made interms of performance was to remove the inner pipe between the catalityc converter and resonator. I kept the original outer exhaust pipe which is 2" . Yayyy.

I only did it because the previous owner did a crappy job with the CC and there was a very annoying rattle inside the exhaust pipe.

If your paint clear it's still good do a paint correction. It will look like new paint.
Do not use a heat gun to restore the trims. It will make them 10 times worst after a few times.

Ask me how I know. Consequently.....

I sprayed the door trims with automotive paint (I had from another job). the bumpers and rest of plastics are next.
It becomes maintenance free. No more $$ wasted chemicals to make them look nice. Now they are 100% nice all the time.
Did you paint interior also?

Are you using a special paint for plastic ?
Don't know how much time your son has, but any time spent modding your car with your Dad is worth more than anything you can get on eBay.
I'm the one on limted time but yep I am hoping..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok loving the stripes I actually was thinking around those lines in my head but seeing it ..dang makes it pop. Seahawks colors..
Better question how did you do that... been running it thru my head and dang if it doesn't seem like I could do that and add the custom mod that is unmistakable....

Don't suppose you'd give up your secrets would ya?

·
Registered
1999 CRV Lx
630 Posts
I only painted the outside door trim And rims.

There is a brand called SEM they make good paint for interiors.

The other option is to ask your paint shop to mix one for you the color you like.

When painting plastics you need an adhesion promoter. It's a ready to spray product.
You spray it and after a few mins you spray the paint you are using. Again local shops use the ones they like. Bulldog it's a popular brand, but I used something else can't remember the name. I can find out for if you want to use it. My door trim still looks freshly painted. Over 1 year of central Florida sun.
The door trim was sprayed with Martin senour base coat and F1 urethane clear coat.

I was considering painting the bumpers but I have a 99 Integra I need to get rid off. That one I'm painting unless my neighbors friend makes me an offer the way it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks I'm gonna try painting outside trim.. if you remember that would be great.

I'm liking it..should be easy for a old guy like me..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, I took the hood off and painted it in the backyard with the same spray can I used for the valve cover. I thought “you know you’re a bit crazy when you’re washing your car in the backyard one part at a time”

thanks for the encouragement! I guess I’m a Seahawks fan now lol

·
Registered
1999 CRV Lx
630 Posts
The product is made by
Pro Form
Pastic Adhesion Promoter
Item # is 16154

I'm sure any local auto body supplies store have it or something similar like bulldog which is very popular from what I've read.

Ask the shop which brand they recommend for your area, idk if local temps make a difference with this product as compared to adding catalyst to car paint for example.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts