Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 CRV. I took it to Braman Honda, Lake Worth, FL because the engine would seem to have excessive rpms when I was traveling around 70 - the outside temperature was approx 92 degrees.

I started reading on the CRV forum and read about the fuel in the oil. My husband checked our dipstick and the fuel smell in the oil was unbelievably obvious.

The next day I scheduled an appointment. When I took my CRV in my service tech said she hadn’t heard of the issue, and of course no one could smell the fuel smell.

I have contacted an independent lab and next week I am taking my car to them to get a test done on my oil. I then will take my car for an oil service and take it back to the lab for another test. I’ll wait a few hundred miles then go for another comparison. I’m hoping I am wrong about the fuel/oil problem, but the stench is obvious.

I intend to force HONDA to repair or replace this vehicle - it’s a shame that they are so willing to dump this known issue on customers.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,713 Posts
Moved to 2017+ section...BUT I'm also closing the topic. :)

Reason is, that Honda is implementing a fix, but it is being rolled out according to location, cold area of North America first.

Read up and contribute in this Topic

https://www.crvownersclub.com/forum...cial-specs-features-etc-gen-5/191711-fix.html

++++++++

Its good that you are documenting the issue.:banana:See what your dealer says about it the next time you visit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.