Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
No, but if there was one, I'd want one too. Good idea! And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
If the sticker were to use the CR-V Owners Club logo or name, it would probably have to be the owners of the site, or done with their permission, otherwise you get into some interesting legal questions...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If the sticker were to use the CR-V Owners Club logo or name, it would probably have to be the owners of the site, or done with their permission, otherwise you get into some interesting legal questions...
Would any sane organization take legal action against a fan making their own sticker for his/her own car on their Silhouette cutter to support the organization?

I made my own back in HondaSUV and it was okay.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Making one for myself? Probably not.
Making multiple stickers, and offering them for sale to other members? Yes.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Touring
70 Posts
Would any sane organization take legal action against a fan making their own sticker for his/her own car
Probably not, but if made for sale / distribution, yes. They must protect their trademark / logo, assuming it's registered, or they can lose their rights to it. If it's not registered, someone else can register it and take it over.
If anyone is interested in following through with this and making the stickers under license, the contact info for VerticalScope Inc is at the bottom of the forum FAQ page.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,905 Posts
Would any sane organization take legal action against a fan making their own sticker for his/her own car on their Silhouette cutter to support the organization?
FACT: under US law, if you do not protect your legal trademarks each and every time you see them being used without permission.... you forfeit "credible evidence of trademark protection" and hence can lose control over enforcing protections later when someone more egregious uses it without permission. You have to show a consistent pattern of protective action.

Would they sue for damages? Not likely.. unless true harm is obvious. More likely simply a cease and desist letter from their attorneys... and if that does not do it.. they will get a court injunction. OR, both parties could reach a mutal agreement on use. Either outcome shows active measures of protection by the trademark holder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts