Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband hit a deer and busted the headlight. I ordered the new headlight assembly, and went to replace it today. after removing the grill and bumper I found a canister on the passenger side behind the bumper that is busted. I have looked all day and can't figure out what it is. I need to replace it. 1997 Honda CRV.jpg can anyone tell me what this is so I can order it? Please.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,804 Posts
You didn't post your year and country...if you did, you could look at the parts diagrams from online dealers.

Bernardi Parts or Hondapartsdeals are a couple.

That looks like a window wash reservoir to me? If so, make sure the pump motors are OK.

Good luck and WELCOME! :Group:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a 1997 Honda CRV in the USA It isn't attached to anything except one plastic pipe that just goes to the top of the engine and is opened. The tank isn't sealed as if to hold fluid, it is in sections kind of snapped together. honda 3.jpg 46441041_1926546727641893_78964842047733760_n.jpg

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Carbuff2 is right on the spot. It's the washer fluid reservoir.
Every Honda I've had had the washer bottle in that location. The black thing is probably the washer pump.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My washer reservoir is on the Drivers side. The rear washer reservoir is in the tailgate. This tank is on the passenger side, behind the bumper below the headlight. Without taking the entire bumper and grill out you can not access it. Not from the engine compartment. It has no hoses at all coming from it that go to anywhere except the black plastic tube that goes out the side and up to the top of the engine below the air intake.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
It appears to be called a resonator chamber:

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts...-5dr-lx-4wd-abs-ka-4at/resonator-chamber.html

Looks like it's emissions-related. Anyway, at least it's still available. I think it may be one of those chambers that is part of a closed-loop fuel fume system that allows gas fumes to be channeled back into the air cleaner to be burned rather than released into the atmosphere. It does appear it's supposed to connect to the air cleaner via the large duct that looks like a p-trap under a sink. See the illustration. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are right. That is it exactly. The Resonator Chamber.
After taking it to out local Honda Dealership this morning this was exactly what we ordered. Thank you for your Reply.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
You are absolutely welcome, I am glad I could help. Sometimes it amazes me just how many parts a car has, and never is that made more obvious than when we are repairing collision or age damaged cars (restorations). the statement that "aah, all it needs is a new bumper" is famous last words.

But, everything is somewhere. You just have to find it. Luckily, we now have the interwebs. I restored a bunch of cars in my youth, and frequently struggled mightily trying to find parts. I can remember driving long distances to go get something, and then later learning a guy two blocks from my house had one. Aargh! But then, that's how Murphy's Law works. Back in the day, when I could have so used it, there was no internet. And now that that it's here in all its glory, I'm old and I don't have the time, space, money, or energy to do those things any more. Wouldn't you just know it!

Comedian Steven Wright has always inspired me. First he said "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" Then he followed that up with "I own the world's largest seashell collection. I keep it scattered on beaches all over the world." I always wanted to ask him how much he had to give for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are absolutely right about how lucky we are to have the internet. I am on here a lot looking up anything and everything I need. It is so great that we can get on here and find the answers we need. Thank you again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts