Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the Forum. Love my 2012 CRV, but...

In a snowstorm the other night the car slowed on its own and refused to accelerate. RPM stayed low even if peddle at floor. Tires not slipping. No warning lights. Not high centered. The snow was very light and blowing, icing up the windshield and getting into the grill. Car slowed to 5 mph on a hill, got up to 10-15 on flats. Made it home, but barely. Today it drives beautifully.

I have to believe the problem was snow related.

Is there a sensor that iced up? Could the air intake be plugged?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Phil 705
Winthrop, WA

·
Registered
522 Posts
You know in the back of my mind I remember someone else had a similar problem. I could be wrong I think it was caused by the radiator and sensors getting clogged with ice/snow. Did you notice the engine temperature being hot?

BTW, WELCOME!

·
Registered
24 Posts
You could check your air intake but if it was blocked completely the engine would stop. Maybe snow/dampness driven under the bonnet.
Have a good look under the bonnet and if you cant see anything obvious I would have it checked at a competent garage. A lack of power points to a fuel problem or electrical fault, or a turbocharger fault-if it was a diesel.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
Is it possible that the rear differential overheated due to slippage? (I know you **said** no slipping.) The diff incorporates a shut-off if if that happens, and then you would be in FWD only.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,071 Posts
Were it driving along perfectly normally before it went into this limp home mode?
Any warning lights to check engine lights?
Fuel level?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts