Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 crv 4wd shakes or rattles not sure how to describe it but at just under 80 km it does that if i let off on the gas just a little it stops or go faster it stops. Noticed also at about 50 km it does it so not sure what that could be can anyone help with this.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The car itself shakes, or you hear a shake/rattle? Could be wheel alignment, or just an RPM vibration thing at that speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would check the following in this order:
1) tires balanced and rotated! Most common cause of shakes at a given speed.
2) shocks / struts need replacing. Second most common.
3) if 4wd, check drive shaft u-joints, fix or replace as needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2007 crv 4wd shakes or rattles not sure how to describe it but at just under 80 km it does that if i let off on the gas just a little it stops or go faster it stops. Noticed also at about 50 km it does it so not sure what that could be can anyone help with this.
This sounds similar to the problem I'm having with my 2010 crv. It's currently in the shop getting a new torque converter. Lucky for me it was diagnosed (after 2 visits) just before the warranty expired.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I had two CRV's in the past with this problem, a 2002 and 2007 (apparently it is quite common). I had the transmission fluid changed and that solved the problem both times.

Hope this helps!

Tara

1 - 5 of 5 Posts