Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :).
Please do all these things safely. At your own risk.
Check wheel bearing while at it and ball joints as well.
Also check the upper control arm and its ball joint.
1 Lift truck. And use jackstands
2 have someone look at ball joints and suspension bushings while you wiggle(hard) the tire from side and up and down. grab tire at the sidewall edge.
The lower and upper control arm are harder to see damage unless you can physically see the bushings cracked and broken. If you have an engine oil leak and engine oil soaked the LCA bushings they will look like new but chances are they absorbed the oil and will get soft but look like new. If that is the case with truck on the floor( again, someone outside looking at tire for excess movement ) try driving forward and reverse just a few inches or a feet. Give it a kind of hard bake. If the tire it looks like the tire stops but the truck rolls a few inches the LCA bushings are bad. Best visual would be a yt video showing how to diagnose bad lca bushing or suspension components.
Gl

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-V EXL
127 Posts
Are the wheels and tires the same size and set off as the originals? If they are it sounds to me like something might be damaged from a pot hole.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Are your rims and tire stock size as mentioned?
What if anything happened prior to this occurring?

·
Registered
1997 AWD CR-V
62 Posts
I’m following this thread for my own selfish reasons. I just bought a 97 that needs new tires and have a new set of Michelin 215/75r15 I want to throw on there. Wondering if I would incur the same problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum. Are your rims and tire stock size as mentioned?
What if anything happened prior to this occurring?
Rims and tire stocks are as mentioned. But im not sure if it involved in any accident. So far i have changed the Wheel bearing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum. :).
Please do all these things safely. At your own risk.
Check wheel bearing while at it and ball joints as well.
Also check the upper control arm and its ball joint.
1 Lift truck. And use jackstands
2 have someone look at ball joints and suspension bushings while you wiggle(hard) the tire from side and up and down. grab tire at the sidewall edge.
The lower and upper control arm are harder to see damage unless you can physically see the bushings cracked and broken. If you have an engine oil leak and engine oil soaked the LCA bushings they will look like new but chances are they absorbed the oil and will get soft but look like new. If that is the case with truck on the floor( again, someone outside looking at tire for excess movement ) try driving forward and reverse just a few inches or a feet. Give it a kind of hard bake. If the tire it looks like the tire stops but the truck rolls a few inches the LCA bushings are bad. Best visual would be a yt video showing how to diagnose bad lca bushing or suspension components.
Gl
Thanks and i will try to diagnose it today

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
There is another bushing front of the lca + the one for the shocks forks(called outer bushing) and make sure ball joints are good. if the vehicle was aligned improperly you can have rubbing tire(s).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is another bushing front of the lca + the one for the shocks forks(called outer bushing) and make sure ball joints are good. if the vehicle was aligned improperly you can have rubbing tire(s).
I changed all the bushings but the problem remains. Maybe I'll try put a new ball joint

·
Registered
2001 Crv SE
15 Posts
You need pictures. For stock tires to be rubbing something has to be pretty bent. Does your shock look like a question mark? Lol. Rubbing all the time? Only when turning? When hitting bumps? No wheel spacers? I would think it would probably be a bent upper control arm or the wrong control arm installed. They are different from left to right on front upper control arms.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You need pictures. For stock tires to be rubbing something has to be pretty bent. Does your shock look like a question mark? Lol. Rubbing all the time? Only when turning? When hitting bumps? No wheel spacers? I would think it would probably be a bent upper control arm or the wrong control arm installed. They are different from left to right on front upper control arms.
Driver side is the one that rubs when turning and hitting bumps.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts