Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CRV 2019 2.4L CVT Touring
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to clarify whether any CRV 5th Gen Touring models (2017-2020) have an extra safety option for opening and closing the electric rear tailgate. I have seen this feature available in some of the competitors like Tucson and RAV4 which is pretty nice.
Actually, this convenience option ensures extra safety since the alarm/siren is sounded during the entire operation of the opening and closing of the tailgate. Is there any way we can activate/enable this feature from the infotainment screen via the vehicle settings.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
There is no setting that will cause continuous beeping when the tailgate closes. However there are two safety features to prevent injury. When tailgate closes if it encounters any resistance the tailgate reverses direction. You can test this by blocking the tailgate with you hand. The second safety feature are pinch sensors that are located along the left and right edges of the tailgate. They look like rubber weather seals but if you gently press on them while the tailgate closes the tailgate will reverse direction.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Yes there is, called an Aftermarket alarm, or tamper with your wiring.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,554 Posts
There is no setting that will cause continuous beeping when the tailgate closes. However there are two safety features to prevent injury. When tailgate closes if it encounters any resistance the tailgate reverses direction. You can test this by blocking the tailgate with you hand. The second safety feature are pinch sensors that are located along the left and right edges of the tailgate. They look like rubber weather seals but if you gently press on them while the tailgate closes the tailgate will reverse direction.
And in my view.. a better safety approach by Honda compared to beeps or alarms.

Kids and animals are generally oblivious to beeps and alarms and are the most likely to be in danger of an opening or closing tailgate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts