Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This may seem like a silly question, but is a CRV much more expensive to fix than a Civic? I have been driving a '95 Civic DX for 3 years and am ready to give it up for something with a higher driver seat height. At 6' and with pain problems, my car just sits too low for me. So, I am considering an older (maybe 1998 or so) model CRV. My mechanic told me that CRVs are built off of the Civic body design, so they are roughly equivalent in costs of any particular repair (aside from anything with the 4x4 system, which I guess if that goes you can choose to fix it or not?). This sounds hard to believe, so I thought that I would check with some CRV owners on this forum. Thanks for your help,

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Hello,

This may seem like a silly question, but is a CRV much more expensive to fix than a Civic? I have been driving a '95 Civic DX for 3 years and am ready to give it up for something with a higher driver seat height. At 6' and with pain problems, my car just sits too low for me. So, I am considering an older (maybe 1998 or so) model CRV. My mechanic told me that CRVs are built off of the Civic body design, so they are roughly equivalent in costs of any particular repair (aside from anything with the 4x4 system, which I guess if that goes you can choose to fix it or not?). This sounds hard to believe, so I thought that I would check with some CRV owners on this forum. Thanks for your help,

Andy
Welcome Andy.

While not built directly off a Civic chassis the CRV and Civic share some component designs. General repair cost for the CRV will be a bit higher due to some of the parts costing more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Lizzard. Are we talking in the range of something like 20% higher or more like 2 or 3 times higher for some repairs. If it's on the smaller end, then that would be worht the better ride to me, but if it would be a lot more, then I would really have to consider my options. Thanks again,

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts