Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i'm trying to install a backup camera on my 2007 CRV, i have to connect the camera's cables(Black and Red) to the Reverse light, which one is the reverse light cable?

I tried to tab the Black to Black, and Red to Red(with black in the middle, that seems to be the the Night Light cable.....i don't want to try all of them and find out i'm completely wrong and may damage the car or the camera, can someone help?

The pic shows 5 wires, Black, Red(black in the middle), Green(White in the middle), Green(Black in the middle), Green(Yellow in the middle).

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ebay China GPS headunit's cabling

so i have been trying to install the GPS headunit and reverse camera. i have finished all of the wiring, but when i switch to "reverse" , the video will not show up

the head unit has 3 cables, "Parking", "Reverse" "P. CNTR"......anyone know if i have to connect it to anything??

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Backup camer install

Don`t know if this will help bur I had a hard tine trying to hookup my monitor. I found if you take the panel off that is on the left side in frout of the fuse panel it has 2 screws on the botom & then is held on with clips I found out when I went into Honda crv ass. site it tells you how to hookup the mav. system. On the right side of the fuse block there is a 6prong blug conntor the prong on the lower right is run in hot with the key on.I did not use a 6prong conntor I just plug on to that prong.
You may know this if not I hope iit will help. It took me a lot of internet time to find this so I thought I woul pass this along & save sone body sone time

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi rpujani,
yes, I found the solution, if i remember it correctly, I connected the reverse to the "Green/Black" wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi rpujani,
yes, I found the solution, if i remember it correctly, I connected the reverse to the "Green/Black" wire.
Ok. So, you acutally ran one wire from radio unit's "Reverse" wire to tailgate "green with black line" wire for powering/letting the unit know to switch to camera mode when you put vehicle in reverse gear - right?

Also, did you install camera on number plate - if yes, was wondering how difficult it was to run power and AV cable from number plate and all the way to tailgate to driver side cargo panel for power connection and to unit for AV connection?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. So, you acutally ran one wire from radio unit's "Reverse" wire to tailgate "green with black line" wire for powering/letting the unit know to switch to camera mode when you put vehicle in reverse gear - right?

yes, that's right

Also, did you install camera on number plate - if yes, was wondering how difficult it was to run power and AV cable from number plate and all the way to tailgate to driver side cargo panel for power connection and to unit for AV connection?

yes, I installed the camera as well, for me the hard part to make AV cable go through the "rubber tube"(it was hard to make all the wires go through there)...I think I ended up have to cut the AV Female/Male portion and then connect it back once it went through the tube, make sure you seal the wires properly though, I didn't seal them good after I connect them I blown one of the fuse :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts