Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A prominent review criticized the 2021 CRV for having a steering wheel that doesn't adjust low enough to allow for a comfortable driving position. Just wondering if anyone had noticed this issue and if it is uncomfortable? I was strongly considering buying a 2021 CRV very soon but having to keep my hands in an elevated position while driving sounds like a problem, especially on longer drives.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,679 Posts
This is the first I hear of this, but to be sure, as @Avisitor mentioned, adjust the seat and steering wheel for best comfort. Feels perfectly normal to both myself and my wife, and we have had a 2018 and now a 2020 CRV.

Go for a long test drive, and be sure to take the time to adjust things, many folks do not.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
tall, short, skinny, large, seat base up and seat forward best of luck you be squashed, my suggestion is get situated and find a position. you be just FINE~

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
A prominent review criticized the 2021 CRV for having a steering wheel that doesn't adjust low enough to allow for a comfortable driving position. Just wondering if anyone had noticed this issue and if it is uncomfortable? I was strongly considering buying a 2021 CRV very soon but having to keep my hands in an elevated position while driving sounds like a problem, especially on longer drives.
Also worth remembering that reviews are nothing but glorified used toilet paper.

The only review that matters is the one that a buyer conducts themselves to see how the car works for their lifestyle. Motoring journalists probably spend about 10 mins with a car and spend 2 days writing word-salad criticising it. 🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Real person reviewer I am here I will go outto the car on the spot and do it for all.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
Also worth remembering that reviews are nothing but glorified used toilet paper.
Often the person has become a "reviewer" only to be able to drive a lot of new vehicles before everyone else.
"Taking you for a drive" shows you more about their Youtube camera setup than the vehicle, you can't learn much watching someone else drive, on TV.
Someone saying "this seat is comfortable" doesn't mean much unless you are his identical twin.

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Often the person has become a "reviewer" only to be able to drive a lot of new vehicles before everyone else.
"Taking you for a drive" shows you more about their Youtube camera setup than the vehicle, you can't learn much watching someone else drive, on TV.
Someone saying "this seat is comfortable" doesn't mean much unless you are his identical twin.
taste. Oh I was comfty wit the set pushed all the way up and forward can drive for hours on end non-stop. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Even in its lowest and most extended setting, the wheel is still a little to high and a little too far away.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wouldn't that be "backwards"? "Forward" would be towards the windshield, the same direction the car goes in in "D". :)
I guess that makes sense. I must be picturing it like a person standing in front of you, face to face. Tell them to "move forward" would get them closer to you. lol

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
I guess that makes sense. I must be picturing it like a person standing in front of you, face to face. Tell them to "move forward" would get them closer to you. lol
Us sailors solved this type of problem long ago. Port, Starboard, Forward and Aft. Headway, leeway. Then the fun terms like "athwartships".
It's very important orders on a ship not be misunderstood. Big difference between "Let go the Main Sheet" and "Loosen that thingy there".

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Power seat? Raise the seat. Solved! I hate driving in a hole, so my seat is usually all the way up. On my '97, the steering wheel always felt too high, and only part of the lower seat cushion adjusted. With other Hondas (not SUVs), the wheels often get close enough to nearly rest on your legs while driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As someone said industry reviews usually go like this: Hit the points the company marketing is pushing, and then come up with some wishy-washy excuses to decide why you like or dislike it relative to its competitor or some ideal car in your mind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts