Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tow my 06 AWD behind a motorhome and want to know if the 65 mph limit listed in the owners manual is just a CYA on Hondas part or is it a mechanical damage limitation.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I tow my 06 AWD behind a motorhome and want to know if the 65 mph limit listed in the owners manual is just a CYA on Hondas part or is it a mechanical damage limitation.
Welcome to the forum!

Whew. When I saw the thread title, I thought it would be another of those "How fast can the V go?" ones which would stir things up pretty good as everyone sure has their own opinions on that one.

Anyway, good question. Anyone know or have real world "toad experience" ?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Max Speed

Don't know the answer to your question but the 07 manual says this:

"Your vehicle can be towed behind a motorhome at legal highway speeds up to 65 mph. Do not exceed 65 mph. Otherwise, severe transmission damage will occur."

Could be a CYA, but it sounds pretty explicit to me. How fast do you want to go? Where does it cease to be a CYA and starts to damage the transmission? Beats the hell out of me, but I wouldn't push my luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alan and Patty - I will also tow my '07 CR-V behind my motorhome. Does the '06 CR-V have VSA and if it does, do you change the "normally on" setting of the VSA to off by any chance when you are towing it? Someone at my dealer said she heard that perhaps VSA should be turned off when towing behind a motorhome. Service said "no, it wouldn't make sense because the engine isn't running anyway" (although you tow with key in ACC which certainly must initialize some things), and I'm pretty sure the owner's manual would mention it if it were important, but since I saw some fellow motorhomers out there (from the same state too!), just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vsa

Never heard of turning VSA off. The ignition is not on so none of the accessories except the radio and power outlet work. Turn off the radio and I use the outlet for the Brake Buddy power. If your from Co then you know why I'm asking about 65. Most of our roads are 75 and e
HTML:
veryone drives 80+ so I want to do more than 65.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
VSA defaults to ON every time after you start the vehicle AND the VSA system passes its self check. Having the key in ACC rather than RUN means VSA isn't even on anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts