Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just few questions.Appreciate you can help..

1. How to see tire pressures in CRV.
  2. CRV has a key hole at driver side handle. But we have only fobs. how do we get into car in case fob dont work.

·
Registered
320 Posts
There should tire pressure decal on drivers door
Key pops out of the fob - slide switch in back and pull the metal portion.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
1) As MrGoody said, there's a decal on the driver's door detailing what the pressures should me. Now if your question is on what the current pressure of the tires is? We do not have pressure sensors in the wheels; if you want to know the current status of your tires, you'll need to use a tire gauge. The TPMS system only looks for one tire losing pressure in relation to the others (it does this by monitoring relative wheel speeds reported by the ABS system); it has no idea what the actual pressures are.

2) Yep, there's a little slide switch on the key fob that will release the key blade. Situations you might use this (other than getting in your car when the battery in the car or fob is dead) include giving the keys to your car to somebody (like a valet) when you've locked something valuable in the glovebox. The fob contains the chip needed to start the car, and holding on to the key means that person can't access the glove box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did you get an Owners Manual? Wouldn't hurt to read it. :)
:) Manual didnt say anything about how to find tire pressure for individual tires.. Some other honda cars had individual tire sensors and I expected it to be there for crv as well. Thanks to mrgoody and sirwired for explaining how TPMS is different in crv.

·
Registered
183 Posts
:) Manual didnt say anything about how to find tire pressure for individual tires.. Some other honda cars had individual tire sensors and I expected it to be there for crv as well. Thanks to mrgoody and sirwired for explaining how TPMS is different in crv.
Well, actually it does explain the system.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts