Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video of the noise I recorded when I parked. The sound of the engine is very loud inside the cabin. The video doesn't sound as loud as in real like, but still that noise is killing me.

Here's the link https://youtu.be/xODLdCLqHUQ

2017 exl awd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is a video of the noise I recorded when I parked. The sound of the engine is very loud inside the cabin. The video doesn't sound as loud as in real like, but still that noise is killing me.

2017 exl awd

If it bothers you that much try turning on the radio. Or sell it and buy something else.

·
Registered
77 Posts

2017 exl awd

I completely agree.New turbo engines are considerably louder, even more than my 16 yr old Civic.
I got a ex awd and still trying get used to it.Kicking myself not opting for Pilot v6 for 6K more,I have also driven that and it was much quieter vehicle.Sorry I may be minority here.I was sold to Crv from technological point rather than engine.May be I did an expensive mistake.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I completely agree.New turbo engines are considerably louder, even more than my 16 yr old Civic.
I got a ex awd and still trying get used to it.Kicking myself not opting for Pilot v6 for 6K more,I have also driven that and it was much quieter vehicle.Sorry I may be minority here.I was sold to Crv from technological point rather than engine.May be I did an expensive mistake.
I was also torn between the buttery smooth v6 with a traditional automatic transmission, but ultimately chose the CR-V for it's efficiency. Got tired of seeing 16 mpg on our previous Acura MDX trip computer. Now I'm getting double the mileage and enjoying it's perfect size for me. I'm also getting used to the CVT and the noises from this little engine.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Huh; I can VERY faintly hear the engine when I'm in my garage, and yeah, if the windows are rolled down in the garage, the injector ticking is quite loud. But outside? At idle it's no different from any other inline-4...

·
Registered
188 Posts
I guess each people having a different level of hearing, some more sensitive than others.
The news is that you are not alone, OP as I picked up every noise engine noise, road noise, wind noise, etc... as reported. in my EX-L AWD.
Also, if you're coming from some sorts of luxury cars which you're used to it, you will disappoint with this vehicle.
Just give it a few more week (to train your ears to adapt to it), you will be fine.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Doesn't seem noisy to me. Maybe you should have taken a test drive before you purchased.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for responding at least I know that it's a kind of normal type of thing with this new crv.

I did test drive it but the sound was not as loud. The one I test drove was a bit less noisy than my 13 account sport. And no, it's too soon to sell it or turning on the radio is not the point. Thank you for the suggestion though

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
DIY Guy.... I find my CR-V to be much quieter than my 70 year old EMD's in our ship! You should hear them when they are wide open under a load!

I love machines. I made my living working with them in all sizes and shapes. I appreciate fine machinery like my Honda cars.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was also torn between the buttery smooth v6 with a traditional automatic transmission, but ultimately chose the CR-V for it's efficiency. Got tired of seeing 16 mpg on our previous Acura MDX trip computer. Now I'm getting double the mileage and enjoying it's perfect size for me. I'm also getting used to the CVT and the noises from this little engine.
Hi freshlysqueezed,thank you for your feedback.I never own that big SUV before but always wished for one,good to hear real feedback direct from owner.
We are just two people here with occasional trip with other family members and friends,so could not justify buying Pilot ultimately fell for CRV.Not sure if I took right
decision.However your feedback is a consolation for me at least I will get good mileage if not the ride quality/noise isolation.Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts