Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to reduce - stop fingernail scratches on the Clearcoat behind the exterior door handles.
Now that my wife & daughter have long fingernails I have noticed scratches appearing in the "cups" behind the door from their new nails. I had thought of putting chrome plated plastic cups in there to stop the scratches and save the paintwork, but they have 3M double sided tape on them which would allow mud & water to be retained behind them thus possibly starting off the rust process.

Would a clear 3M plastic do the job?, I think it would also help reduce the color difference at re-sale time especially on dark paint.

What do you use and how do you find it?

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Banned
806 Posts
You could go to one of those places that install the 3M Clear Bra product and ask how much to do the area behind your door handles. I just polish mine out when I do a paint correction on my vehicles. Used to do it by hand, but have a machine for that purpose now, although I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 01CRVEX.

We picked up our 2016 Honda CRV VTi-S in Modern Steel Metallic today, I want to prevent the scratches ASAP. The CRV was christened on the way home too, it poured rain. :D
Our old 2013 CRV (White Orchid - Pearlescent) had scratches on the cups of all the door handles from wife & daughters fingernails.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks 01CRVEX.

We picked up our 2016 Honda CRV VTi-S in Modern Steel Metallic today, I want to prevent the scratches ASAP. The CRV was christened on the way home too, it poured rain. :D
Our old 2013 CRV (White Orchid - Pearlescent) had scratches on the cups of all the door handles from wife & daughters fingernails.
You're welcome Wombat! Congrats on your CR-V purchase!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're welcome Wombat! Congrats on your CR-V purchase!
Thanks mate, the 2016 CRV is definitely better than the 2013 model we had before, it is a model update for us too as we have climbed the ladder to the SE model.
Now comes the little mods like seat covers - change all interior cabin bulbs to LEDS - already have a higher CCA battery as we swapped the one out of our old CRV, it was only a couple of weeks old - install my Street Guardian SG9665GC V2 Dashcam - and of course RTFM. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I realize I'm a little on the topic but in my experience keeping a good coat of wax on any vehicle will prevent those type of light scratches.
Of coarse the clear 3M stuff will work even better!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts