Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy CRV Folks,

I am looking for a protection from hitting curbs. Is there a steel protector or feelers to let us (Wife) know before touching a curb?
thanks folks!

B

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Worried about road rash on the rims? Curb feelers likely will help some, but not fully on these modern vehicles.

I have tried them with my wife's Accord. They are more trouble then they are worth.

Instead, I taught her about curb awareness... and the fact that these modern wheels do not have enough rubber protrusion to protect the rims. She does pretty well now days... but I still have to sand and buff out a rash now and then. Happily this is much easier on the current generation Accord rims then the prior generation.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
When it comes time for new tires, I always look for a replacement tire that has a "rim protecting bead".?

Reactions: billyrule

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
When it comes time for new tires, I always look for a replacement tire that has a "rim protecting bead".?
yeah... good tip.

Tried that for my wifes vehicles though.. and she still manages to rash up the rims anyway. So I gave up on that after trying on her old 2013 Accord.

I have advised her to stop driving her Accords like they are painted white with a red bumper. :ROFLMAO: She paused, thought about it for a moment.. then got the comparison to a walking cane used by blind people.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have advised her to stop driving her Accords like they are painted white with a red bumper. :ROFLMAO: She paused, thought about it for a moment.. then got the comparison to a walking cane used by blind people.
How hard did she hit you after she realized what you were saying to her?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts