Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Honda CRV EXL Nav AWD
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are a set of custom built headlights that I built myself. Fresh new lenses paired with an all blacked out housing and with Morimoto D2S 5.0 HID Projectors. A 2012 car with 2022 performing headlights is nothing short but an overall accomplishment. In total a 4 day project was well worth it to achieve such results. The headlights were opened up with a heat gun, modified, painted, and retrofitted. The most important difference is how far these project forward and the width is great too, the car also has useable high beams now as the stock high beams are a design flaw on Honda’s part. Alongside its performance, it transformed the front end and gave it a distinctive face.
Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Grille Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Looks amazing..
Your front windshield is having a tint applied?
Love the overall stance and the looks.

Reactions: crv___mods

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,101 Posts
Best looking Gen 4 CR-V I have seen! Well done!

·
Registered
2012 CR-V EX
205 Posts
Dang nice! Loved the blacked out chrome trim and stance. Stock halogen headlights are absolute garbage and myself have a retrofitted my headlights with Morimoto FX-R HID kit with Morimoto LED Fog housing (additional width).

Did you by any chance switch the parking lights to a switchback setup that will also function as a turn signal?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You did an awesome job upgrading yours the proper way. I do know that on the D2S 5.0, the projection distance and width is very nice of a balance. I did do switchbacks, keeps the running light look white, but orange for turn signals.
I do want to ask you, how truly wide are the Morimoto projector fog lights? I have LED fog light bulbs right now but plan on getting the Morimoto only if the area under the bumper lights up curbs way more noticeably on curbs when turning.

Dang nice! Loved the blacked out chrome trim and stance. Stock halogen headlights are absolute garbage and myself have a retrofitted my headlights with Morimoto FX-R HID kit with Morimoto LED Fog housing (additional width).

Did you by any chance switch the parking lights to a switchback setup that will also function as a turn signal?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks amazing..
Your front windshield is having a tint applied?
Love the overall stance and the looks.
I have 35% on the windshield currently. You can see right inside during direct sunlight,but other than that its very nice. It completely transforms driving both day and night as majority of glare is cut out as well as the sun being more bearable.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Love the lower skirt too. Looks good on the silver body color.
I did the same wheels.

How did you do the grill? Plasti dip?
Have you given any thought to making a set of these lights for $?

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,101 Posts
I have 35% on the windshield currently. You can see right inside during direct sunlight,but other than that its very nice. It completely transforms driving both day and night as majority of glare is cut out as well as the sun being more bearable.
Note: Tinting windshields is not legal in many locals.

·
Registered
2012 CR-V EX
205 Posts
You did an awesome job upgrading yours the proper way. I do know that on the D2S 5.0, the projection distance and width is very nice of a balance. I did do switchbacks, keeps the running light look white, but orange for turn signals.
I do want to ask you, how truly wide are the Morimoto projector fog lights? I have LED fog light bulbs right now but plan on getting the Morimoto only if the area under the bumper lights up curbs way more noticeably on curbs when turning.
I wouldn't purchase them with the intent that gain more width with your headlights. I would purchase them if you are looking for a good upgrade to the stock OEM fog lights. I have my setup modified so I can turn the fog lights on independently (thx to Dexter 1 - Fog lights with high and low beams 2013). I essentially use my fog lights as DRL's and are always on for the most part.

Really crappy pictures from ages ago but you can compared between the mains and fogs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome, exactly what I needed to help me out!

I retrofitted 2 8thgen Civic, but it was more simple as it has the lows on their own and high/drl on the other bulb. I felt a little uncomfortable doing my 2013 V as this one have all together (low, high, drl).

The 8thgen also didn't require canbus. The 4thgen Vs do if the info I found are right..?

If I understand correctly, you simply retrofit and pull the DRL fuse. Then the fog wiring harness must be modified to use them independently and as your drl?

Did you make any change to the other bulbs? LEDs, resistors?

I was planning on using mini h1s with mini gatling shrouds same as I did, but if there are better/easier options, I'm all ears.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts