Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom made tail light guards for 97-01 Honda CRV. The original brand of guards are discontinued and now it seems they're in high demand, so I figured I'd offer a different option.

The price is $125 a set shipped to lower 48 US states or $100 picked up in the Portland,Oregon area. PayPal Accepted, message me with your address.:thumb:

Installation is easy, they come longer screws to mount.
1.Remove the 3 screws holding the tail light on, carefully pull out the lens from the clips. You do not need to remove the tail light completely, you can leave the wiring connected.
2.Simply slide the guard from the top of the lens going down, make sure mounting tab are hooked behind the lens and slide the guard down onto the lens until the mount holes match up.
3. Screw in the longer screws in the top and bottom holes, you use the original screw in the middle hole.

DSC07409 by Tyler V, on Flickr
DSC07430 by Tyler V, on Flickr
33110843_10208877367046595_171818397149954048_n by Tyler V, on Flickr
32390626_10208840795572331_3898164561831788544_n by Tyler V, on Flickr

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems a bit high. I got some “Polar Bear” chromed (now flat black) taillight guards from eBay back in 2014 for $40 shipped. Model #: ST841180. It utilized flat metal rows instead of the rounded edges like yours.

Good luck with sales, try out eBay.
I've sold over 40 sets at this price.:snork:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I drive my 98 off road sometimes, I really can't imagine why I would need or want these, but they look awesome. Great product! Great write up! I know there are lots of 1st Gen guys on the forum, but a lot of them are daily drivers and not adventurers.

It might just be that most of the 1st Gen people here are after upkeep/maintenance/repair advice, and don't want to be sticking extras on their car because they only come here to keep their Vs running.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I drive my 98 off road sometimes, I really can't imagine why I would need or want these, but they look awesome. Great product! Great write up! I know there are lots of 1st Gen guys on the forum, but a lot of them are daily drivers and not adventurers.

It might just be that most of the 1st Gen people here are after upkeep/maintenance/repair advice, and don't want to be sticking extras on their car because they only come here to keep their Vs running.
I agree, either you like the off road look for your CRV or you don't.
Marden by Tyler V, on Flickr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts