Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your CR-V related custom license plate? I'm thinking of CRVip, but I'm not crazy about it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Obviously for me I've thought up of "Devil V"... It's play on words/ reference to the Devil Z from Wangan Midnight. Since they are both dark blues.

·
Registered
106 Posts
In this day and age, with the wackos that are around, I don't want anything to make my vehicle identifiable if the wrong person goes off the deep end and feels I wronged them in traffic one day or stole their parking spot, etc.

I'll take a generic plate, thank you. Anonymity has benefits. Some creeper takes an interest in my daughter or wife or myself, I don't want them easily being able to identify me as CRVip. With a random 6 digit plate and gray SUV, I blend in pretty well, and these days I think that isn't all bad.

I'm not remotely paranoid about it, because the chance it would matter is small. But I figure since there is no tangible benefit to me to having a personalized plate, why make myself an easier target on that odd chance situation.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'll take a generic plate, thank you. Anonymity has benefits. Some creeper takes an interest in my daughter or wife or myself, I don't want them easily being able to identify me as CRVip. With a random 6 digit plate and gray SUV, I blend in pretty well, and these days I think that isn't all bad.
I prefer the anonymity as well. I don't care to pay a yearly premium for the "cuteness" of personalized plates ("cuteness" seems to wear off quickly). To each their own, but they're called vanity plates for a reason.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use my current plate 'BOLDLYGO', but I also own '1 CRV', which I can still switch to by having it activated again.

·
Registered
380 Posts
+1 for blending in with the crowd. I enjoy seeing other peoples vanity plates, but I don't want my vehicle to be easier to spot... And being the introvert that I am, I'd just prefer to go about my day and not really be noticed by anyone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
All strong valid points, Road rage can be scary nowadays. I never forget having this one guy almost follow me home once just because I cut him off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts