Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 CVT fluid change not going good.
I thought there would be good info on YouTube or forums but they are all missing something

what I did piecing the accord videos with the CRV ones is as follows

1) Loosened up small oil check bolt. Alot came out , mine has never been changed. I’m thinking it was overfilled from factory.
2) Removed drain plug
3) cleaned drain plug
4) installed drain plug with new crush gasket
5) put 4 qts fluid in fill port
6) shifted through all the gears 5 seconds each one
7) used the last quart , almost off of it
8) opened up oil check bolt and some oil comes out initially but then stops immediately

Seems like it needs more cuz the fluid level doesn’t continually run out, I’m I missing anything?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s why there’s not good info out there . Mines a AWD. It doesn’t matter what comes out it has a overflow hole. Mines close to 5 qts and it not coming out the hole as a steady stream as I would of expected.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A transmission is not like your engine, the volumn that drains out is not an exact number. 5 quarts may have drained. There is approx. 8 qt of fluid in the transmission. The important part is that you properly refill it. It does help to make a note as to how much drained out. If you PM me with your email I will send you a TSB for checking and changing the CVT fluid.
Thanks , I sent you message

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.