Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I like it. The shifts are so smooth you don't even notice them. Of course, mine is on Eco mode all the time to increase fuel efficiency since I have to drive 54 miles roundtrip to work everyday.

I also have a 2006 Honda Accord 5-speed automatic and now I wish it was a CVT instead.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Any opinions regarding the new CVT Transmissions fitted on the CRV?
Well, it seems to be made out of metal. And, in my opinion, it does connect the engine to the wheels.

Seriously, what are you looking for: Driveability? Durability? Fuel economy? Vibration? Towing capacity? Mountain driving? Difference compared to a conventional automatic? I think you'll find many opinions here, and, as the same transmission has been used in the Accord since 2013, there are likely many in that community, too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well been coming across many haters on the net regarding CVTs. first time driving with a cvt. almost whole life been driving manual stickshifts and 2.5 years of auto crv before getting 2016 crv with CVT. as of the moment, been ok with the cvt, though not able to drive it aggressively.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I like it. The shifts are so smooth you don't even notice them. Of course, mine is on Eco mode all the time to increase fuel efficiency since I have to drive 54 miles roundtrip to work everyday.
:D Good one. 'The shifts are so smooth you don't even notice them.'.

There are NO shifts. Continuously Variable Transmission.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
CVT s cool. I've been driving very conservatively but today I broke out of my shell. I clicked off the Econ button dropped the shifter into S and holy cow I took off like a jet. Now that was super fun! Both the motor and exhaust sounded great. What a ride! Now this is not something I want to do all the time, but gosh, this mild driving vehicle has a real beast hidden in the engine compartment.

Yes, I like the CVT very much!

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
197 Posts
CVT s cool. I've been driving very conservatively but today I broke out of my shell. I clicked off the Econ button dropped the shifter into S and holy cow I took off like a jet. Now that was super fun! Both the motor and exhaust sounded great. What a ride! Now this is not something I want to do all the time, but gosh, this mild driving vehicle has a real beast hidden in the engine compartment.
I feel I got two cars for the price of one in this regard too. Well, four for the price of one (whether the sun is shining right onto the copper sunset pearl paintwork makes a big difference to its appearance).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the inputs guys. I am also enjoying the CVT trans too. Take off isnt that responsive, but if you step on it, it really goes! The power is very smooth and linear but you can feel the rush of it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just bought a 2016 CR-V Touring and I absolutely love the CVT. The power is there when you need it and it's as smooth as silk. I came from a 2010 Cadillac SRX which had a 3.0L, 6 cylinder engine with a 6-speed transmission. That thing was a pig and so lacking in power. The gas mileage sucked and there was always something breaking.

So far, I love my new Honda and won't be buying another "American" car any time soon.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I've only driven my daughter's '13 Accord with the CVT a few times. I found it was pretty boring to drive 'normally', at least compared to my '11 Accord V-6. I think you have to really put your foot deep into it to get it to respond in a sporty way, but when it does there is some motor there that's for sure. I'll still stick to the old auto's though as I'm not convinced of the longevity of the CVT's just yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts