Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Parts Used:
1 - 3.5" Cold Air Intake Header (bought by mistake should of been 3" would of cost me more to send it back to seller for proper size) Ebay. 25$
1 - 3.5-3" Coupler (wont need if you buy the proper intake head) Ebay. 15$
1 - Metal Bracket (approx 4" long) Home Depot 1.50$
1 - Small nut and Washer (to fit the bracket to the intake so it stays put) Home Depot 0.30$
1 - Spectre MAF Sensor Adapter (This is crucial to putting the intake on the CRV) AutoZone 30$ (I bought on vacation to california last week went to AutoZone cheaper in store)
Total: 71.80$
Total if done without unnecessary coupler: 56.80$

Ok, now if your in Canada you will be wondering where to get the MAF sensor adapter because we dont have AutoZone heres the link: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_3"-Mass-Air-Flow-Sensor-Adapter-and-Tuning-Kit-Spectre_22906055-P_N4023B_P|GRP2026_____

SO, End Result took me 30minutes to an Hour take the Airbox out and put the intake in and I would say im a huge car noob, it was pretty simple and straight forward to get it done.
07 crv intake.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
have you noticed any difference? How long have you had it? Any better MPGs? Every time i have done this to any of my cars all that I have noticed is a different noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
installed 2 days ago, fueling up tomorrow and will come back with mpg. problem though, check engine light just came on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ordered a 3" K&N intake head, I talked to my brother and he said its a possibility that because i bought a cheap intake head its not providing proper airflow or because i have 3.5" to 3" coupler on its also being provided improper airflow. Will check back when it arrives and post more pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it will work on a 09 Crv. When i went to drive to work today I started up my Crv and the Engine light has come off I will continue to drive until it comes on again, I will keep everyone updated!

·
Registered
185 Posts
it can result in more mpg/hp when done right. It will make a different tone in the engine, some people like it some don't.

to the OP, when you installed this did you reset the ecu? Did you rev the engine right away?

I ordered an air intake for a CRV and it should be here tomorrow. I will take a close look at it, but I am willing to bet that your spectra mas air flow sensor adapter is your problem. If the MAF sensor is not in the correct position inside the intake it will never read right. You should clear your code and see if it comes back, but I am willing to bet yes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry its been so long. I'll give you all an up to date, so i left the intake in and the engine light kept going in and out intermittently every couple of days over a 3 week span i got 470kms to a take from my regular 450kms. Yesterday my K&N universal intake head came and i installed it along with taking a look at my Spectre adapter i guess it wasn't in far enough so i put a bit of soap on the adapter ring pushing the sensor in maybe 1/2mm further in. I went for an hour drive into town and the light went out, and hasn't come back on since. I will update in a few days with my progress along with pictures and cost etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am wondering about your results as well. Can't beat that price! It is real fun to work on a car and not have it hit the wallet too hard for sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is not a Cold Air Intake by any means. It is drawing in nothing but HOT air from the engine compartment. The stock airbox and a flat panel K&N filter is far better since the stock air box keeps the air cooler,and the denser air will net better HP and fuel mileage. If anything your mileage will drop and all you gain additional noise from the open air filter.

Devise a way to drop it lower and position it out of the engine compartment in order to get any kind of perceived gains other than a butt dyno. Very good ingenuity unfortunately you are gaining nothing and perhaps losing some performance. If you want performance send your ECU to Jet and let them remap it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I did gain noise from the open air filter. But we also gained mpgs (1-2). It does not have to do with hot vs cold air, it has to do with restriction. Also my butt dnyo says it is the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 22 Posts