Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow will be tackling latest upgrade an installing new set of D2 coilovers on my 2015 CR-V. Can't stand the gap and gotta bring the stance down a bit. Will post pictures and a blow by blow asap. Should turn out awesome looking with the new 20s!

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,920 Posts
Let’s see some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I'll be hanging out to hear what effects this has on ride and road noise.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok...sorry a few days late. Installation was a BREEEZE! Me and my homie had the old suspension out and new coilovers on and sitting pretty in under a few hours. No hang ups other than we realize when getting the main bolt out of bottom of factory strut is rear needed to put a bit of pressure on the arm to make the bolt clear. Other than that no major issues. Front camber plates do have to be set dead middle as the frame to vehicle wont allow anything but dead center as its a circle in the frame and cant adjust as no clearance. I bottomed out the rears to full drop and the fronts I have about less than an inch more left on coilover of adjustment. I did get some scrape in front and rear...more in rear..but about 20 min on each side in rear with a mallet and rounded steel pipe and a dremel took care of rolling the fender and trimming the plastic so that scrape is no more of an issue. Only had to trim the plastic in front to take care of scrape. Rides AMAZINGLY!!!! Handles better than my 2015 Si did on eibach springs. Dampening was set a little higher in the back in case full load in car. Fronts I left slightly under half. I cannot believe how smooth ride is and the handling improvement. Beyond what I expected. BEFORE SHOTS.... 20190413_080914.jpg 20190413_080919.jpg 20190413_080925.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Say goodbye to the GAP!!!!! D2 all the way. Did a ton of research and review work....went with D2 because seemed to be the better built product and better ride. Coiloverdepot had them to me in 2 days! And even had a promo for free coilover protector sleeves. Will be great for the winter months when I jack the height back up and throw on winters. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts