Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend, I installed a Kenwood DMX7017DABS head unit into my 3rd gen CR-V.

The installation went smoothly and everything appears to work as expected with the exception of my digital radio.

The DIN adapter kit featured a lead to connect my CR-V's antenna (a rectangular connector) to my head unit.

I also purchased an adapter that splits the aerial on the car's wiring harness to the FM/AM input and the DAB input on the head unit.

The digital radio works for some stations, but the head unit reports a 'Digital Antenna Error' and reception is intermittent even though I live in a big city with excellent digital reception.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Over the weekend, I installed a Kenwood DMX7017DABS head unit into my 3rd gen CR-V.

The installation went smoothly and everything appears to work as expected with the exception of my digital radio.

The DIN adapter kit featured a lead to connect my CR-V's antenna (a rectangular connector) to my head unit.

I also purchased an adapter that splits the aerial on the car's wiring harness to the FM/AM input and the DAB input on the head unit.

The digital radio works for some stations, but the head unit reports a 'Digital Antenna Error' and reception is intermittent even though I live in a big city with excellent digital reception.

Any ideas?
Hi. Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Just wanted to find out if you sorted your issue? Reason being - I'm having a similar issue with my JVC KW-M745DBT in my MK8 Civic. I've tried the ISO to DAB splitter (which you tried), and then two different types of windscreen-mounted DAB antennas; all of them had the same issue with patchy signal and sound coming in and out. It seems to happen more when I'm on the move.

To compare, the ISO to DAB splitter works fine on my old car which has a basic single-DIN Kenwood system.

I've read somewhere that a selection of JVC/Kenwood short-body double-DIN head units had issues with DAB out the factory (including the DMX-7017DABS), so I just wanted to see if that was the case with you.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts