Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted this BRAND NEW reporting yesterday, the day it was released.
https://www.cars.com/articles/honda-cr-v-fuel-oil-defect-fix-coming-late-1420703403599/
[I fixed the link]

Here were some tidbits…
- Such updates "will allow the engine to warm up faster, improving fuel combustion and reducing the potential for abnormal oil dilution," Honda said.
- The free update will "address potential for abnormal engine oil dilution arising out of consistent short-trip driving at extreme cold temperatures," Honda said in an emailed statement to Cars.com.
- Vehicles in states with warmer temperatures and vehicles that travel longer distances regularly should not be experiencing abnormal oil dilution," Honda spokesman Chris Martin told Cars.com in an email.
- Honda notes that in some cases, excessive oil levels can cause the engine to misfire and illuminate dashboard warning lights.

I believe this is the first time an official Honda spokesperson has officially confirmed much of the information noted above.

Yet the thread was closed due to it being “duplicate information already posted.”

Can someone please direct me to the old posts that included this specific information from an official Honda spokesperson?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I posted this BRAND NEW reporting yesterday, the day it was released.
https://www.cars.com/articles/honda-...1420703403599/

Here were some tidbits…
- Such updates "will allow the engine to warm up faster, improving fuel combustion and reducing the potential for abnormal oil dilution," Honda said.
- The free update will "address potential for abnormal engine oil dilution arising out of consistent short-trip driving at extreme cold temperatures," Honda said in an emailed statement to Cars.com.
- Vehicles in states with warmer temperatures and vehicles that travel longer distances regularly should not be experiencing abnormal oil dilution," Honda spokesman Chris Martin told Cars.com in an email.
- Honda notes that in some cases, excessive oil levels can cause the engine to misfire and illuminate dashboard warning lights.

I believe this is the first time an official Honda spokesperson has officially confirmed much of the information noted above.

Yet the thread was closed due to it being “duplicate information already posted.”

Can someone please direct me to the old posts that included this specific information from an official Honda spokesperson?
Link doesnt work for me?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Maybe it's that you post and say the same thing about 100 times and folks like me who legitimately want to use this forum for fun/information/help have to sift through posts from people like you to try and accomplish that.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The link doesn't work for me, and I could not find the article on cars.com with the site's search function.

I was able to use the Google option to search a specific site and found what I think is the article.
I used goo.gl to shorten the URL so it doesn't get garbled.

https://goo.gl/QSu8ZM

Some excerpts from the article:

Honda will roll out the fix in five states at first — Maine, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin — and fix all model-year 2017 and 2018 CR-Vs with the problem, to the tune of some 25,000 vehicles addressed. Honda plans to expand the fix to 16 more states over the next two months "when additional replacement parts become available."

The additional states are Alaska, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
What if you live in the other 29 states?
"Vehicles in states with warmer temperatures and vehicles that travel longer distances regularly should not be experiencing abnormal oil dilution," Honda spokesman Chris Martin told Cars.com in an email. "Some variation in oil level over time is normal for direct-injected engines, even at warmer temperatures."

Owners who think they're experiencing abnormal dilution can go to a dealer for a diagnosis, Martin added, and any repairs deemed necessary will come under warranty.

It's interesting to me that Wyoming, one of the 10 coldest states in the US, isn't on the list.

·
Registered
533 Posts
bluegrass, your link doesn't work for me either but that's ok. Thanks racoon to post excerpts from the article. I see that WI is one of the first states. Lucky me! I can't wait. Don't know what's going on but the wife reported a problem with the CRV yesterday. Haven't taken a look yet.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Maybe it's that you post and say the same thing about 100 times and folks like me who legitimately want to use this forum for fun/information/help have to sift through posts from people like you to try and accomplish that.
Yah, thanks to his repetitive posts, I am now aware of this which is new for me. Otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yah, thanks to his repetitive posts, I am now aware of this which is new for me. Otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.
Hi there. I try not to get involved with any postings like this. I read his post last night (the one that was closed) and the link (it worked in his closed post) and the article appeared to have the identical information as the CR article.

His post felt more like a statement to prove he was right about the CR article being official enough and not in the realm of providing new information. Perhaps, if he had posted the link only as a way to provide new detail for us only and did not have the editorial comments within his posting I would not have felt that. Also, perhaps the moderator felt the same way (but I can't speak for him).

If this article provided new detail to you then I sincerely apologize as my comment was out of line.

I'm in Colorado so either way I'm not included in the initial two phases of Honda's rollout.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is BRAND NEW INFORMATION that was just released YESTERDAY and hasn't been reported anywhere else.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The article appeared to have the identical information as the CR article.
Could you copy/paste the passages from the Consumer Reports article that contained this same "identical information" as the new Cars.com article?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.