Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the driver seat is too firm and the headrests jam your head forward. I'm consid:mad:ering bending the headrest support bars with hollow pipe.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Aren't these the same seat that were installed when you test drove? What change? I really like these compared to the ones we had in our 2006 model.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Too bad you find them uncomfortable.
I, and my wife, find them to be very comfortable but we are short and of moderate weight...as well as no physical problems...except my wife has some lower back pain and loves the heated seats, she uses them a lot hehehe.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Did that on our '07

the driver seat is too firm and the headrests jam your head forward. I'm consid:mad:ering bending the headrest support bars with hollow pipe.
I could not stand the driver's headrest on our '07 and decided to bend the support tubes. Expecting to ruin them, I bought a replacement and fiddled with it figuring out how to do it. I eventually bent two, one for each seat and a spare. I am using one of them in my '10 even though it is cloth and my car is leather. Colors are very close so no one has noticed.

First, you must keep the support tubes perfectly parallel or they will not install - learned the hard way.

I used 2 x 4's and BIG clamps made from 1" water pipe and clamp ends. They really do not want to bend. It took much fiddling getting them parallel enough to be installed and still are sticky going in and out. The second one is better than the first one.

If I were going to do it again I would get some pieces of 2x8, drill holes edgewise on a drill press so they are true and parallel, and stick the support tubes into the holes to keep them parallel. When the tubes are inserted into the holes there is a severe angle between the rest and the piece of wood, cover it with towels and gently drive the car over it, in very short steps to straighten the tubes slightly. Test for feel and repeat until they are to your liking.

Let us know how it turns out?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe it's something i have to get used to. I'm only 5'5" so perhaps it's a stature thing. My wife who i taller, doesn't have a problem. i just may be spoiled, our old equinox had a leather, adjustable seat. this seat feels too firm on long trips.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The seat cushions on my front seats on my 2017 CR-V are the firmest I've ever seen, and that's saying something. A little softer would be nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts