Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody can post videos of step by step installation of hardwiring blackvue 750s dash cam on crv 2017. i found some of the older posts photos are not available, because hosting account needs to be updated. so anybody has a step by step hardwiring videos or pictures with magic pro into the fuse tap pls share. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
548 Posts
Could somebody can post videos of step by step installation of hardwiring blackvue 750s dash cam on crv 2017. i found some of the older posts photos are not available, because hosting account needs to be updated. so anybody has a step by step hardwiring videos or pictures with magic pro into the fuse tap pls share. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance
Have a look through here.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I use an add a fuse and tap the accessory since it starts when you tune the key on my 2005 crv. Should be able to do the same on your 2017 one. Just new to get a power converter box unless you can hack up the cig lighter on

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use an add a fuse and tap the accessory since it starts when you tune the key on my 2005 crv. Should be able to do the same on your 2017 one. Just new to get a power converter box unless you can hack up the cig lighter on
The accessory fuse on the 2017 is a negative switch or computer controled as it is always hot at the box; that was the first one I went for also. The starter fuse (slot # 20) is switched and turns off and on with the vehicle.
That is where I wired my Radar Detector and dash cam to with an “ad a fuse”.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hopefully your installation goes well OP. I'm wondering where do you ground the PMP, as I can see it's difficult to find a ground bolt that fits the U-terminal of the GND black wire. I've seen Fitz4321's choice on the left side of the lower dash, and another one that adding a bolt to the hole above the OBD reading port from another post (titeled: Jason's DIY center, #60 and #78). I'd like to see if other grounding bolts are available. By far I can only find from the after-market heated streering-wheel installation instruction that there's one other position behind the driver's side kicking panel. But still you need an additional ground bolt for that.
Thank you!

·
Registered
182 Posts
(This is for my 2017 LX) I wired my dash cam to the center console. I removed both of the side panels that just pull off easily. Once you do that you will see, on the right side, a round tube structural support that is bolted with an 8mm bolt. I spliced a proper sized ring terminal on the ground wire and reinstalled the bolt. I just added an additional cigar lighter socket to the existing wire for the original one in the forward console, leaving it inside the console. I drilled and fitted a small digital volt meter and a double USB outlet in the forward tray of the console. I stuck a round GPS self stick mounting disc on the lower housing below the shifter. This keeps the GPS down low but you can follow the voice prompts and you don't have to worry about an airbag driving a portable GPS into your face if you had installed it on the top of the dash. It plugs into the USB outlets I added so there are no wires dangling anywhere. Someone else pointed out that you can mount a dash cam at the top of the windshield, up behind the right side of the mirror, tuck the wire inside the forward edge of the headliner, run it to the left side, down the front edge of the plastic window trim that hides the side air bag, then behind the rubber trim to the lower dash. Then across to the center console. all neat and tidy and hidden. The wire on my dash cam was more than long enough to route it this way. Your's may or may not make it this far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
(This is for my 2017 LX) I wired my dash cam to the center console. I removed both of the side panels that just pull off easily. Once you do that you will see, on the right side, a round tube structural support that is bolted with an 8mm bolt. I spliced a proper sized ring terminal on the ground wire and reinstalled the bolt. I just added an additional cigar lighter socket to the existing wire for the original one in the forward console, leaving it inside the console. I drilled and fitted a small digital volt meter and a double USB outlet in the forward tray of the console. I stuck a round GPS self stick mounting disc on the lower housing below the shifter. This keeps the GPS down low but you can follow the voice prompts and you don't have to worry about an airbag driving a portable GPS into your face if you had installed it on the top of the dash. It plugs into the USB outlets I added so there are no wires dangling anywhere. Someone else pointed out that you can mount a dash cam at the top of the windshield, up behind the right side of the mirror, tuck the wire inside the forward edge of the headliner, run it to the left side, down the front edge of the plastic window trim that hides the side air bag, then behind the rubber trim to the lower dash. Then across to the center console. all neat and tidy and hidden. The wire on my dash cam was more than long enough to route it this way. Your's may or may not make it this far.
Thank you McReviver, really helpful. I think I'll go with mounting on the top of the windshield. However I'm not sure about the side airbags. After watching several crash test videos I found out that the side airbag is a complete piece that goes from the A-pillar to the roof. If the dashcam power cable runs across the A-pillar and goes underneath the weather stripping, it will be for sure in the way of the side airbag.
I didn't see much discussion about the rear dashcam cable though, it seems that people simply tuck it under the trim (passenger side or driver side) and don't worry about the airbags. I guess as long as it runs parallel with the airbag it doesn't matter much?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't think there will be any interference with the side air bag since the wire is tucked into the forward part of the plastic where it comes close to the windshield. It almost like it was designed so you could hide a wire in there. The air bag will deploy down and aft, not forward, so it is a non issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think there will be any interference with the side air bag since the wire is tucked into the forward part of the plastic where it comes close to the windshield. It almost like it was designed so you could hide a wire in there. The air bag will deploy down and aft, not forward, so it is a non issue.
I see what you mean. Yes it can go in the front. Thanks! But I need to wire another to the rear dash cam, so I guess I have to remove the A pillar anyway in order to put the wire under the airbag, attached to the vehicle metal frame, so that completely out of its deploy direction.
The only concern is that I can't find a updated A pillar trim removal instruction online, and I heard that the clip should be replaced anyhow whenever the airbag trim panel is detached and reinstalled. I appreciate it very much if someone can confirm this, or any experience with the a pillar trim removal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i found some of the older posts photos are not available, because hosting account needs to be updated
I had the same issue here. But for the photos, you can try to click on the error image itself, which will redirect you to the image hosting website. Click the uploader's name, which is a link to the uploader's profile page. Click on the album and start a slide view, and the photos are large enough. Probably not as large as original resolution, but it's sufficient to walk through the installation process. Hopefully it helps

·
Registered
182 Posts
Stanley, are you saying you need a power and ground for a rear facing dash cam installation? There will probably be unused trailer lights wires in one of the rear side panels. Also power wires for the power assisted tailgate. You could probably tap either one of those instead of trying to route wires all the way from the front. if i was going to go from the front, I would probably run under the carpeting along the center line, then head for the side wall after getting past the rear seats. Just find an existing wire harness to follow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stanley, are you saying you need a power and ground for a rear facing dash cam installation? There will probably be unused trailer lights wires in one of the rear side panels. Also power wires for the power assisted tailgate. You could probably tap either one of those instead of trying to route wires all the way from the front. if i was going to go from the front, I would probably run under the carpeting along the center line, then head for the side wall after getting past the rear seats. Just find an existing wire harness to follow.
Thank you McReviver. I only need the ground for the front facing dash cam. For the rear view cam, the problem is that the power and the signal are transferred together in one cable, which need to be connected to the front cam. I've checked a few installation instructions for a trailer hitch harness, and yes there're power in the rear. Thank you for your suggestion to run it under the carpet, I'll check the length of that cable to make sure it's long enough to do so.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If that is the case, it might be better to run the wire above the headliner. i don't know what kind of a can of worms that might be, so you go right ahead and let us know how that route works out. I would assume the overhead light assembly would be fairly easy to remove but getting all the way to the back without hitting something in the way could be a problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts