Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A quick guide on how to hide the wires for a dash cam install. I have a Viofo A129, but it'll work with any dash cam.

This is just a guide on hiding the wires. To see how the fuses are wired up see this post.

I mounted mine just to the right of the camera housing on the windshield, on the passenger side.

First take off the camera housing. The wire tucks under the headliner for a little and then uses the camera housing for hidding.

You easily pop off piece A from the top, then pull up as there's a catch on the bottom.
Piece B can also be tugged off I found it was easy to push on the slots from piece A.

Once it's off you can route the wire as shown

Next you'll tuck under the headliner and bring it over to the A-pillar

Pull at the top and the B latch will come loose, it won't come off completely though. Next step is where I'm not exactly sure. What I did, was slide up and then B detaches completely so that I can just pull off the 2 C's, however I found that this left the fasteners in the car frame. What you want is for them to come off with the trim. I ended up using a plastic pry to get them out, it's a pain though. To put the trim back you slide the B latch back into it's box and put the C fasteners into the trim and just push it back into place.

In the image below the A is B and the B is supposed to be C's. But see how the B slots are empty, this is before I realized they should be popped off the frame and inserted into the trim.

Next I run the cable down the A pillar and zip tie to the existing wire.

Next I needed to pop off the lid below, but there's actually 2 screws, so it's not so simple.

You have to take off the lower part of the dash first. Good thing is it just pops off.
Watch the bottom though as there's a catch piece, to the rest of the under dash trim.

I find tugging in the right spots, makes it easy.
Ok, so I can't attach any more pics. So onto part 2.

·
Premium Member
2008 EX AWD
173 Posts
Might want to disconnect the battery first. Don't want to do anything to trigger the airbags behind the A pillar!

·
Registered
411 Posts
View attachment 140319

You easily pop off piece A from the top, then pull up as there's a catch on the bottom.
Piece B can also be tugged off I found it was easy to push on the slots from piece A.

View attachment 140320

This is great...
I need a little help, how did you remove the sensor cover (B)?, can you show a picture like what you did on the sensor cover lid (A)?
I needed to tighten the rear view mirror.
Where did you get those diagrams of where the latches and screws?
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts