Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an extra dash clock for 2001 CR-V LX? Mine is shot, a circle on lens like something burned out. Cannot locate one at five salvage yards. They all said they are hard to find, a bad year? See some online to be repaired or already repaired-- $15.00 up to $80.00. Honda Dealer wants $300-400!

My wife says we don't need it.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The 1st Gen clocks did have some issues with poor solder traces on the printed circuit board.

Another place to look is youtube.com, where I found several videos showing how to fix the clock.
I would guess that you'll need some electrical solder and an appropriate soldering iron.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw them and did look at the solder joints with a magnifying glass, they look okay but then again reheating the solder might help.But what I did see was on the lower left panel of the front where the numbers show (after taking off the cover) is a round spot that looks like something overheated or a wire blew apart somehow. Doesn't appear that solder is the culprit this time.

I checked and all salvage yards said they have had some, but cannot keep them. I don't really need one. but it would be nice to have. Maybe rewire the cigarette lighter circuit to put a connection there for electronic stuff.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at that sight, not much info! What is the difference between a JDM clock and a USDM Clock? One looks like $20.00 on sale when the sight was posted, the other $50.00.

·
Registered
'98 EX AWD
348 Posts
I looked at that sight, not much info! What is the difference between a JDM clock and a USDM Clock? One looks like $20.00 on sale when the sight was posted, the other $50.00.

How much more info do you need? It's $20 clock. I'm using one now and it works great, which is why I posted it. Not sure the difference between JDM or USDM, maybe color of the display or features...?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
info as to which of the two y types I need; two pictured- one with outside temperature which my old one doesn't have, bit which is which? I have one ordered anyway. Thanks for help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just curious; what is the color of your display? Is it amber or green? I have found a few vendors on ebay who will repair your clock for under $15 (you pay to ship, repair and return shipping included... I am going to dig thru the traces and see if i can fix mine first-then go to either your source or ebay.

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts