Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly what I changed but I can't figure out how to get it back.

On my 17 Touring, when I start up, I now have 3 little icons on the center dashboard display. They look like the "speak" icon and those other 2 buttons that are on the steering wheel. Normally, I had this set to show fuel mileage. To get rid of those icons and get back to the fuel display, I have to hit the "I" information button on the wheel (the one that allows you to cycle through display options like mpg, compass, audio, etc.)

Not sure why those 3 "talk" icons are there when I start the car now but does anyone know how I can just have the mpg display come up when the car is started?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Happened to me one time when I tried to use the call button on the steering wheel. What I did was to replug my android phone and press call then the end call button. I dunno if this was the fix but the icons disappeared after. I guess the cycle wasn't complete when I initially pressed the call button. Good luck.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think in the settings in the infotainment system you can change the order of the icons in the driver info screen. It sounds like the setting doesn't have the mileage screen as your start up screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Tried both but haven't fully started the car up as it's in the garage. I'll see what happens later when I go out.

On a related note, does anyone know if there's a way to have the map come up by default on startup instead of the "Where To" screen? Found a setting for "remember last screen" or something to that effect but turning that on and off didn't seem to do anything that I noticed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That bug and I are old acquaintances. It occurs when a voice command is unable to successfully complete. In my case, I can cause it on demand by asking for music search on a title or artist that it cannot find. The system returns from the failed search appearing normal but when the car restarts, it always goes into the mode that you describe. I have found 2 ways to restore correct operation: 1) Execute a voice command that it can actually complete 2) Reboot the head unit by holding down the audio system power switch for 6-8 seconds and when the reboot message appears, select yes. The wait while the whole system reboots.
Mine is an EX-L w/o nav.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That bug and I are old acquaintances. It occurs when a voice command is unable to successfully complete. In my case, I can cause it on demand by asking for music search on a title or artist that it cannot find. The system returns from the failed search appearing normal but when the car restarts, it always goes into the mode that you describe. I have found 2 ways to restore correct operation: 1) Execute a voice command that it can actually complete 2) Reboot the head unit by holding down the audio system power switch for 6-8 seconds and when the reboot message appears, select yes. The wait while the whole system reboots.
Mine is an EX-L w/o nav.
Ahhh ok. That makes sense. I tried hitting talk, then cancel. Then I went into setup and defaulted the dash choices. Next time I started the car, instead of those icons popping up, the display was just blank under the speedometer! Hitting the "i" button brought it back. But weirdly enough this morning, started the car and the mpg display was back. I was going to reboot the head unit and totally forgot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts