Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry , I am total new to this. I just picked up a 2002 honda crv, when I turn the headlighs on the dash lights dont come on. I saw a post for the Honda accord that they use a jumper wire to have the dash light stay on all the time. Does any one know How to do this on the CRV. I checked all the fuses and they look fine, tried the dimmer and no luck.

·
Banned
806 Posts
Have you checked all of your fuses? I have a truck that I had an issue with the lights on the radio not working, but all the other lights around it worked, heater controls, etc. Found a fuse that was burned out for some reason and all works again. Check your fuses. Has there been any modifications or additions by the previous owner that resulted in them butchering the wiring?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Did you look at the fuses, or check them with a meter or test light? You can't always tell they are blown just by looking at them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Resurecting this thread since there is no resolution to the question. I have this same issue today when I tried to replace light bulbs in the cruise control button with led. Somehow, I must've shorted something. A 10A fuse for the acg was blown. I replaced it but the dash, radio and AC/Heat buttons are not coming on. I checked all the fuses, both under dash and in engine compartment. I got another MICU from the junkyard off of the same 2002 CRV, replaced it and still the same issue. Does anybody have solution? I tried to jump between red-silver dash to red-yellow, and all around. I can only get the dash light to come on when the light switch is turned one click to "parking". Turned to headlight on, the dash went away..............Frustrating. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, I did the jumper following another thread bridging the red and black wires the AC/Heater connector.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resurecting this thread since there is no resolution to the question. I have this same issue today when I tried to replace light bulbs in the cruise control button with led. Somehow, I must've shorted something. A 10A fuse for the acg was blown. I replaced it but the dash, radio and AC/Heat buttons are not coming on. I checked all the fuses, both under dash and in engine compartment. I got another MICU from the junkyard off of the same 2002 CRV, replaced it and still the same issue. Does anybody have solution? I tried to jump between red-silver dash to red-yellow, and all around. I can only get the dash light to come on when the light switch is turned one click to "parking". Turned to headlight on, the dash went away..............Frustrating. Any help is appreciated.
pull cluster, unplug battery first, unplug blue and green connecters ,locate red wire on blue plug,( next to red/black wire) splice into -do not cut red wire, run a splice wire (keep it red so you know what it is) to a suitable ground, steering column bolt is a good ground , this is the negative illumination circuit . the multi shorts to ground when disrupted usually due to aftermarket accessories, so the lowdown is positive flows thru cluster and negative comes out of cluster ok ,but it will not flow thru the multiplex unit which controls brightness, once you "steal" the ground before the multiplex ,lights will activate thru headlamp stem switch ,because the bad multi controls brightness the lights will be non adjustable and will only light up all the way not hard to due requires only a phillips screwdriver, and the method you choose to run a new ground wire .thanks for reading, oh and good informative club glad I joined!! window guy 02 ex black central ct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts