Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen those Accord vids and would like to do the same. Wiring a little different though. From what I am gathering online did you use a jumper wire on the red and black wire for CR-V? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've seen those Accord vids and would like to do the same. Wiring a little different though. From what I am gathering online did you use a jumper wire on the red and black wire for CR-V? Thanks.
I've had the same problem with my 04 CRV. Been searching the web for a solution too. My dash lights, radio, and AC lights do not work when I turn the headlights on.

I replaced one light bulb with an LED bulb. A little tricky because LED lights are polarity sensitive so it does not work, you have to remove the bulb and rotate it 180 degrees to get it to work.

Next I did the jumper wire and it worked. I followed a tread that showed everything up to removing the AC/Heater panel and gave a wiring diagram. It provided me with a good start

Steps I took take:

Removed AC/Heater panel from dash and remove the electrical connector from the back.

Put probe pin in the red/black wire (which I got from the other thread I was following) and using a VOM verified that it provided 12 volts when the headlights were turned on.

Jumpered the red/black wire to chassis ground. Turned headlights on and all the dash lights, radio lights, and AC light worked so I know it
was the right wire.

Using a pin probe in the connector's black wire to verify ground, jumped the red/black and black wires and everything worked.

Spliced the red/black and black wire.

Taped everything up and put dash back together. Lights work great now!!

IMG_9216.JPG
IMG_9218.JPG IMG_9220.JPG IMG_9234.JPG IMG_9236.JPG

21 - 23 of 23 Posts