Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve run an Anker c1 that i got off slickdeals for $30 since 2017 and its been flawless. Super clear , goes on at startup & tucked behind my mirror.
Thanks, but I don't know if it would work behind the mirror due to all the sensors and the CMBS camera mounted just in front of the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have an Aukey DR02 dashcam hooked up to my 17 CR-V using their hardwire kit.

I routed the cable along the headliner, down the driver side A pillar and into the area beneath the steering column and plugged it into the OBD-II PORT for power.

The same setup is in my brother’s and sister’s Civics. Works great and no problems. The Aukey DR02 also uses a capacitor instead of a battery so it’s better in the heat.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0754XS67W/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_nPw3EbRG7807D

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07N74HBLT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_qQw3EbN0WWD4R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
I routed the cable along the headliner, down the driver side A pillar and into the area beneath the steering column and plugged it into the OBD-II PORT for power.
I'm doing the same thing. Down the a pillar on the windshield side? I've also got the Aukey DR02, but at the rear. Installed the VIOFO 119 V3 at the front at the location pictured. Just off from center but no real effect on video. Both working great so far.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I installed a "VANTRUE" about a year ago. It has dual cameras and a GPS readout on the video. It is capacitor powered. it was a bit tricky getting the wire from the roof to the tail gate for the rear camera, but doable with a bit of effort. I hooked the power cable to the back of the 12V plug on the console to give me power only when the engine is running. It works very well. Front camera is position the same as SUPERZAR.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm doing the same thing. Down the a pillar on the windshield side? I've also got the Aukey DR02, but at the rear. Installed the VIOFO 119 V3 at the front at the location pictured. Just off from center but no real effect on video. Both working great so far.

View attachment 139475
For a second I thought that was a picture of my CR-V . That’s exactly where I have my camera on the windshield. I didn’t want it too below the dots in the windshield and being in the centre would have been too low on the windshield. I stuck it to the left of the rear view mirror and made sure the lens was below the dotted pattern while the rest of the camera is hidden by the dots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda 2018 CRV EXL. My dash cam is a Comma 2. It does a lot of things: front camera shows and tracks road. Rear camera looks for driver inattention, unit connects with special wire harness into Honda camera and electronics at center top of front window. It provides level 2 driving like an $85,000 cadillac escalade, meaning you can ride in the lane you want WITHOUT your hands on the wheel for as long as you want. So cool! The lane tracking is solid with no lane wandering like Honda factory lane keeping assist which also times out after 15 seconds if you have no input to the steering wheel.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Has anyone installed a dashboard camera in their CRV? If so, do you have a brand preference and any installation tips?
TIA!
Moving to Mobile Electronics section, where you will find a lot more info on these. Also, a helpful hint: GO to your Account Settings, where you will find spaces to enter the info on your car's year model and trim level. Do that, and save. After that, it will always be displayed in your Avatar for all to see as mine is. This way no one has to ask those questions, which are important when dealing with these sorts of things. Let us know what you choose.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts