Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turning the dashboard light illumination knob, I find that even though it has a lot of bars that you can change the intensity of the light, It is only when you get to the last brightness bar that it really does brighten up the display, which for me Is too bright. However, when I drop it just one bar, it is too dim for me. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is this at night? I find if I'm away from urban areas (which is where I live) I have to turn down the brightness to about the middle as it's very dark outside. When I get back into a town or city, I'll turn it back to just before the last notch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agreed; don't know what can be done about it for the dashboard display. At least the infotainment display can be adjusted...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this at night? I find if I'm away from urban areas (which is where I live) I have to turn down the brightness to about the middle as it's very dark outside. When I get back into a town or city, I'll turn it back to just before the last notch.
Yes this is at night or very early in the morning when it's dark outside. Haven't tried it during the day but I will just in case I missed something. If I turned it down to the middle or just another bar or two bars shy of the max, it darker that it makes it look bit more difficult for me to see, not impossible

·
Registered
70 Posts
Pretty sure the "last brightness bar" you are referring to is kicking the display lighting back into full daylight mode. No idea how you could possibly want to drive with that at night. At dawn/dusk, maybe I see your point that it could be a little dim depending on when your lights turn on.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sure the "last brightness bar" you are referring to is kicking the display lighting back into full daylight mode. No idea how you could possibly want to drive with that at night. At dawn/dusk, maybe I see your point that it could be a little dim depending on when your lights turn on.
Must be my aging eyes. I do prefer it bright, but to me it's not that bright. At least not enough to be blinded. And by the way, at least during the day, for obvious reasons I guess, you cannot change the brightness.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Our Civic is like this as well. Not quite bright enough, then WHAM full on nuclear brightness. There is a pretty big step between nuclear and the rest of the adjustable range. It isn't linear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts