Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Looking at getting dashcam fitted professionally.
I know its easy but Id rather get it done properly with wires hidden.

Just wondering if anyone else has hardwired their own dashcam and any bad effects of hiding the wiring such as loose panels etc.

BTW the camera Im going to get installed in this one so I can record rear and front...front only seems 50% protection IMO.

https://www.nextbase.co.uk/dash-cams/in-car-cam-duo/

2011 CRV .... any advice is great as Im noob on dashcams...!

·
Banned
806 Posts
I did three and had no issues with loose panels or visible wiring. The only visible wires are those that come out the headliner to the camera itself. The one in my CR-V was my only two channel. The rear window in my wife's car was tinted too dark for a camera and the way the window was on my truck it wouldn't allow for one. I had no issues at all. Had to remove rear seats in one of my installs. Pictures upon request, although they are in other threads of this topic.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This one I chose as I didnt want to run a lead to rear.....Got good reviews, however, yes crv 2011 got tinted rear but cant do nothing about that....

!!

Although good point, just if I get rear ended.. I need proof too not just front cameras like everyone has.

If you can post pics on this thread...would be great.

Had someone in England state that try recording 720 or 1080 off phone cam through rear window to test tint issue.

Any ideas on that one?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Automotive mirror Rear-view mirror Vehicle Auto part Vehicle door
Vehicle door Windshield Vehicle Car Automotive window part
Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part Auto part

Got it done. Camera is Nextbase Duo, front and rear in one unit, really good when I play it on 4k tv.

Got in wired into fusebox professionally cant be dealing with messy wires and cigarette lighter.
Took 30 minutes....

Should have done this long time ago...

any opinions or feedback as Im new to dashcams!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did three and had no issues with loose panels or visible wiring. The only visible wires are those that come out the headliner to the camera itself. The one in my CR-V was my only two channel. The rear window in my wife's car was tinted too dark for a camera and the way the window was on my truck it wouldn't allow for one. I had no issues at all. Had to remove rear seats in one of my installs. Pictures upon request, although they are in other threads of this topic.

Can i ask you which Fuse Tap should i get ?
which fuse slot did you pick ?

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.