Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we pick up daughter #2 CRV today (2016 w/ 28k) and head home and get call from daughter #1 half way home she was rear ended.
Her's was 3 days old (2016 w/ 18k miles). Un believable! totally stopped waiting to turn and voila! By an ambulance (not in service) she was not hurt as the guy was probably doing 5mph? Bumper cracked quite a bit. based on an accord we had with similar damage it was $900. now have to deal with that company tomorrow! Arggh!

anyone know how things get to carfax? just curious as I am going to see if they will pay without going through insurance. Wasn't sure what triggered info to carfax. Police were called as the ambulance guy said they have to call part of protocol.
just don't want to deal with in 5 years - oh your car was in an accident so its worth 3k less than without an accident.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,758 Posts
You don't say where you are located, but many states allow diminished value claim.
My kid rear ended a new Subaru. $4k repair, $1800 diminished value and rental....
It's not just the bumper cover but also the bar behind the bumper could be bent, paint new parts, etc.
don't open the tailgate just in case it won't close...

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I've had a couple of Hondas that had been rear ended. Reported the accidents, had them repaired with the other persons insurance. New bumper first car with associated parts. Second car had new bumper and exhaust system . It's on the CARFAX but both times had no bearing on trade in value. I still got Kelly Blue Book. Dealer told me as long as it was properly repaired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts