Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 CRV. Are the daytime running lights(DRL) suppose to be on while the headlights are in auto mode? Mine only turn on while the knob is set to exterior lights.

thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
They're meant to be on when the headlights are off and the parking brake isn't engaged.

From the manual, page 163:

"Models with smart entry system

The daytime running lights come on when the following conditions have been met:
• The power mode is set to ON.
• The headlight switch is off.
• The parking brake is released.
The lights remain on even if you set the parking brake. Setting the power mode to
VEHICLE OFF turns off the daytime running lights.
The daytime running lights are off the headlight switch is turned on, or when the
headlight switch is in AUTO and it is getting darker outside."

You probably only received the printed owner's guide when you got the car, but you can download the manual from Honda's owners site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2014 CR-V and the running lights always came on as soon as I use the remote access fob. They operated fine until last night - they came on as I approached and unlocked the car as usual, but at the end of my journey the beep sounded as if my lights were on manual, they were not and then when checking, after locking the vehicle the main lights did not stay on their usual few seconds and then when unlocking again, the daylight running lights did not come on...repeated trials and changing settings of leaver and they still don't come on when unlocking the car. They did til last night - what have I done wrong?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts